Director of Revenue Integrity
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Company Overview: Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen
Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed
community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the
warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise
of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in
the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people
dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and
community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the
most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the
country.AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most
effective means for our community and country to put COVID-19
behind us and to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In
order to better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH
requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.This Position
Offers:Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive
benefits package (including generous PTO, health insurance within
your first 30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive &
supportive team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at
your doorstep.Job Overview: Manages revenue integrity for all
entities (hospital, freestanding physician practices, imaging
center including client billing) which includes different
applications, products, merchants, compliance and charge
description masters.Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manages revenue integrity for all entities (hospital,
freestanding physician practices, imaging center including client
billing) which includes different applications, products,
merchants, compliance and charge description masters.
- Manages patient inquiries that have been forwarded by MedAssist
- Works with appropriate hospital personnel to ensure maximum
charge capture at the point of service.
- Manages compliance with all Governmental Accounting Board, CMS
regulations and third-party contracts to ensure integrity of
recognized revenue through charge entry.
- Manages all departments' charge description masters along with
concurrent and annual updates to ensure such updates will optimize
reimbursement while complying with all federal and state
- Manages compliance with all third-party contracts regarding
reimbursement, policy updates and physician credentialing to ensure
reimbursement integrity (includes enforcement of compliance with
third-party contracts and negotiating favorable terms for the
- Ensures that claim production through MedAssist meets all payer
requirements, and is accurate and timely, and minimizes payer
- Ensures claim detail integrity between AVH and MedAssist
- Member of the grievances committee.
- Works with Chief Financial Officer to resolve all high-level
patient account concerns and inquiries.
- Manages the Epic implementation related to the Revenue Cycle
functions and partners with the Controller to ensure a smooth
implementation of the Finance function with minimal impact to the
Revenue Integrity function.
- Manage the outstanding accounts receivable in the previous EMR
for the hospital and other related entities.
- Manages all financial assistance and reimbursement programs
including Colorado Indigent Care, Charity, Planned Parenthood,
Community Health, Plastics among others.
- Works closely with Medical Records Director to ensure timely
and accurate coding of accounts and audit compliance and their
- Personnel Management - Manage staffing, including recruitment,
supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary
- Fiscal Responsibility - Develop business case justifications
and cost/benefit analyses for Department spending and initiatives.
Develop and review budget for department and ensure it complies
with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Regulatory & Accreditation Compliance - Develop and implement
all Department policies and procedures.
- Staff Development - Ensure that staff members are aligned with
department and organizational goals. Provide continued educational
opportunities to support those goals.
- Departmental Quality & Performance Improvement - Develop and
implement strategies to continually improve quality and performance
of the department as it relates to the mission and goals of the
organizationMinimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years (recent) managerial experience in a hospital
setting overseeing the Revenue Cycle and Integrity processes is
- Degree in business or other related field preferred.Benefits &
Compensation: Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of
years of experience, education and certifications. Our talent
acquisition team will help you understand how your direct
experience will be considered.Pay range for new hires: $47.95 -
$62.31/hrOur comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid
time off, health insurance within your first 30 days, and
retirement can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Director of Revenue Integrity, Accounting, Auditing , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!