School Psychologist, Speech Language Pathologist, Special Education Pa
Company: Aspen School District
Posted on: August 3, 2019
Now Hiring For The Fall Of 2019. Positions Start August 2019! -
School Psychologist - Special Education Paraprofessional - Speech
Language Pathologist - Special Education Teacher Qualifications:
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree
- A current Colorado Teaching License with an endorsement as a
Special Education Generalist
- Current First Aid/CPR Certification (training provided by
- Current Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Certification
(training provided by District) Position Summary: The Special
Education Generalist creates a learning environment to encourage
independence, self-motivation, self-direction, personal
empowerment, and self-advocacy of children with disabilities.
- Create a learning environment characterized by acceptable
student behavior and efficient use of time by preparing materials
and planning and conducting activities for a balanced program of
instruction, demonstration, and work time. Provide students with
opportunities to observe, question, and investigate while employing
appropriate intervention strategies and practices to maintain
student attention and order.
- Employ strategies and techniques during instruction to improve
the development of academic skills, language, cognition, and memory
to meet the needs of students with a variety of disabilities.
- Use a variety of assessments, including formal and informal
assessments, to determine students' strengths and areas of need for
the purpose of creating an Individualized Education Program for
- Collaborate with regular classroom teachers related service
staff, and paraprofessionals to plan and coordinate appropriate
- As necessary, accommodate and modify instruction to meet the
individual student's needs.
- Case manage and implement the Individualize Education Program
for each student on caseload.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and
projects, clearly communicating instructional plans and objectives
to colleagues who also work with individual students.
- Accurately document and report ongoing student achievement
using IEP software database and monitoring timelines for compliance
with state laws, district policies, and administrative
- Monitor individual student progress
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guest
speakers, or other experiential activities, and guide students in
learning from those activities.
- Participate, as appropriate, in the school's Response to
Intervention/Multi-Tiered Systems of Support process.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's
progress, to determine their priorities for their children, and
establish their resource needs for the purpose of involving them as
partners in student learning
- Other duties as assigned or necessary We are an Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age,
veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital
status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Keywords: Aspen School District, Aspen , School Psychologist, Speech Language Pathologist, Special Education Pa, Education / Teaching , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!