Chief Operating Officer
Company: West Park Hospital-WY-US
Posted on: April 10, 2021
This position is only open to INTERNAL CANDIDATES (current
employees of Aspen Valley Hospital). External candidates, please do
not apply at this time.--Thank you.-- Job Overview: Responsible for
overseeing hospital and clinic operations in accordance with plans
and budgets. Leads the operations to ensure the organization's
short- and long-term goals and objectives are achieved. Reports to
the Chief Executive Officer. The COO must have excellent leadership
skills, business acumen and the ability to effectively manage, lead
and supervise a multidisciplinary team. Plans, organizes, directs,
and controls the management and delivery of quality patient care in
the inpatient, outpatient, and ambulatory/clinic settings.
Maintains standards of patient care and advises medical staff,
department leaders, and administrators in matters related to the
nursing service and clinical operations. Recommends establishment
of or revision of policies and develops organizational structure
and standards of performance for operations. Promotes working
relationships with ancillary and community agencies. Evaluates
effectiveness of service in relations to their objectives and
costs. Leadership Responsibilities:
- Personnel Management - Manage overall operational staffing,
directly or through delegation, including recruitment, supervision,
scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Fiscal Responsibility - Develop business case justifications
and cost/benefit analyses for Department spending and initiatives.
Develop and review budget for department and ensure it complies
with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Regulatory & Accreditation Compliance - Develop and implement
all Department policies and procedures.
- Staff Development - Ensure that staff members are aligned with
department and organizational goals. Provide continued educational
opportunities to support those goals.
- Departmental Quality & Performance Improvement - Develop and
implement strategies to continually improve quality and performance
of the department as it relates to the mission and goals of the
organization. Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Design and implement operational tactical plans to support
vision, mission and organizational strategies.
- Establishes policies and procedures supporting organizational
culture, strategies and tactics.
- Oversees daily hospital and clinic operations and manages
direct reporting relationships and departments.
- Oversees, monitors and reports organizational clinical quality
and patient safety in accordance with relevant standards of a High
- Manages relationships with community partners and vendors to
support organizational strategies and goals; establishes and builds
upon strategic corporate and provider partnerships to enhance
services and strategic service lines.
- Evaluates hospital performance by establishing, analyzing and
interpreting data and metrics.
- Supports and leads organizational transformation to support
value-based priorities and initiatives in partnership with
community-based entities and in pursuit of improved population
- Clinical and operational oversight of owned and partially owned
provider entities. TJC Nurse Executive Standards:
- Coordinates the development of organization-wide plans to
provide nursing care, treatment, and services. Coordinates and
implements an effective, ongoing program to measure, analyze, and
improve the quality of nursing care, treatment and services.
- Coordinates, directs and implements organization-wide programs,
policies, and procedures that address how nursing care needs of the
patient population are assessed, met and evaluated (including
pediatric, diabetic, and geriatric patients). Minimum
- Minimum 5-10 years' experience in executive healthcare
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving--
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills--
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing (BSN) required; Masters Degree in
related field preferred Education/Certification Requirements:
- BLS required
- Graduate level degree in a related field preferred, which may
include health care administration or business administration
- Normal patient care environment with little exposure to
excessive noise, dust and temperature.
- May be exposed to communicable diseases through normal or
careless performance of responsibilities.
- May be exposed to mechanical dangers associated with mechanical
Keywords: West Park Hospital-WY-US, Aspen , Chief Operating Officer, Executive , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!