Chief Human Resources Officer
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Company Overview: Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen
Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed
community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the
warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise
of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in
the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people
dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and
community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the
most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the
country.AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most
effective means for our community and country to put COVID-19
behind us and to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In
order to better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH
requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.This Position
Offers:Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package
(including generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30
days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team,
and four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.Job
Overview: The Chief Human Resource Officer (CHRO) is responsible
for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of
the overall business plan and strategic direction of the
organization, specifically in the areas of, talent management,
succession planning, employee communications, change management,
organizational and performance management, training and
development, and compensation. The CHRO provides strategic
leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive
team, leadership and the board of directors. In addition to the
core HR team, the CHRO provides direct oversight and leadership to
the following: Employee Health, Staff Development, Employee
Housing, and Hospital Volunteer Program.Primary Scope of
- Collaborates with executive leadership to define the Hospital's
long-term mission and strategic vision; identify and implement ways
to support this mission through talent management.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the leadership team
regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with the company's executive team to establish a sound
plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and
objectives of the Hospital.
- Maintains effective communications with employees that builds
confidence in HR and the organization to assure alignment and
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance,
safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in
employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans
to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits
plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by
overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession
planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation
and benefits.Leadership Responsibilities:
- Talent Management - Manage staffing of Primary Departments
including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development,
evaluation, and disciplinary actions. Ensure that staff members are
aligned with department and organizational goals. Provide continued
educational opportunities to support those goals.
- Fiscal Responsibility - Develop business case justifications
and cost/benefit analyses for department spending and initiatives.
Develop and review budget for department and ensure it complies
with stated goals, guidelines, and objectives.
- Regulatory & Accreditation Compliance - Develop and implement
all department policies and procedures.
- Departmental Quality & Performance Improvement - Develop and
implement strategies to continually improve quality and performance
of the department as it relates to the mission and goals of the
organization.Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- BS/BA degree required; JD, MBA, or MA/MS in Human Resources ore
related field preferred.
- 10 years of HR Experience, with at least 5 years of executive
- SPHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certification preferred.Benefits &
Compensation: Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of
years of experience, education and certifications. Our talent
acquisition team will help you understand how your direct
experience will be considered.Pay range for new hires: $202,800.00
- $226,720.00 annuallyOur comprehensive benefits package includes
generous paid time off, health insurance within your first 30 days,
and retirement, which can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Chief Human Resources Officer, Executive , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!