Company: Buena Vista Dental Care
Posted on: February 11, 2020
Dental Hygienist Buena Vista Dental Care is seeking a full time,
Tuesday-Friday, registered hygienist. We are an affordable mountain
town located 1 hour from 3 ski areas. Whitewater, climbing, and
mountain biking are right out our back door. We have a
contemporary, well established, and respected office dedicated to
the principle of "treating neighbors like family." We offer
competitive pay, paid holidays and vacation, CE compensation, and a
Simple IRA. Relocation bonus and housing assistance is available.
- Promotes dental health by completing dental prophylaxis,
providing oral cancer screening and radiographic studies, charting
conditions of decay and disease, and performing procedures in
compliance with the Dental Practice Act.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed
procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming,
soothing, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering
questions and requests.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by
sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by
evaluating patient's oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains
from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling
and visually examining gums, using probes to locate periodontal
disease and to assess levels of recession and exposing and
developing radiographic studies.
- Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity-
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by
fabricating temporary restorations, cleaning, and polishing
- Places, carves, and finishes amalgam restorations.
- Removes cement from crowns and bridges.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by
maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs and oxygen supply,
and directory of emergency numbers.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control
instructions and postoperative instructions and providing reminders
of time of next dental hygiene visit.
- Documents dental hygiene services by recording vital signs and
medical and dental histories and charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive
maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions,
troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs, maintaining
equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment and
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing
and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as
needed to accomplish job results.
Keywords: Buena Vista Dental Care, Aspen , Dental Hygienist, Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!