Behavioral Health Care Coordinator
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: September 2, 2020
The Behavioral Health Coordinator provides psychosocial support,
including clinical assessment/counseling and concrete services, to
patients/caregivers of Aspen Valley Hospital while serving as an
AVH representative on community based behavioral health committees
and assists with behavioral health data collection, analysis and
policy development and revision.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Services include advising family care givers, providing patient
education and counseling, and making referrals for other services.
May also provide care and case management or interventions designed
to promote health, prevent disease, and address barriers to access
- Consults with the case management team to assist with
transitions of care for patients with significant psychosocial
needs. Provide end-of-life care discussion, to include Advanced
Directives, when appropriate.
- Provides clinical assessment and counseling for Aspen Valley
Hospital inpatients and outpatients as needed/requested.
- Collaborates with physicians, nursing staff, families, and
other disciplines to develop a plan of care to address identified
- Serves as member of the transitions of care team on a
consulting basis to assist with patients with complex psychosocial
- Maintains an accurate and complete record of all communications
and work generated.
- Assists patients and families with the social precipitants,
impacts of illness and disability, and easing transition from the
hospital to other levels of care by utilizing a spectrum of support
services. Provide continuity in care plans via smooth and effective
linkages with needed community resources for both inpatients and
- Assists with the gathering, analysis and dissemination of
information pertaining to the prevention, assessment and treatment
of disease, and the maintenance of health, from a psychosocial
- Assistance with short and long term disability
- Trains hospital staff on topics related to mental health when
requested by department managers or leadership
- Provide assessment, therapeutic intervention and referrals for
any person confronting a mental health crisis.
- Develops and implements strategies to continually improve
quality and performance related to social services. Develops
programming to increase resources, improve access to care, and
enhance the overall treatment experience.
- Provides support through mediation to Aspen Valley Hospital
staff members and departments confronting challenges within the
context of the professional relationships.
- Identifies the need for and facilitates ongoing support
- Delivers services to primary care to provide individuals,
families, and groups with the psychosocial support needed to cope
with chronic, acute, or terminal illnesses. Services include
advising family care givers, providing patient education and
counseling, and making referrals for other services. May also
provide care and case management or interventions designed to
promote health, prevent disease, and address barriers to access to
- Provides behavioral health and coping mechanism education to
staff, patients and families as needed/requested
- Participates on committees where input is valuable (compliance,
quality, patient safety, detox, mental health, etc---).
- Provides education to other health care professionals in the
social and emotional aspects of illness. Coordinates alliances with
other hospital professionals in the provision of health education
services to patients.
- Acts as hospital representative with referral agencies,
maintaining current records of community and state resources.
- Coordinates and makes referrals to community resources which
meet patient's needs.
- Serves as a supervisor to social work student(s) as
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding
patient and coworker expectations.
- Represents the department/hospital as a dedicated, courteous,
and responsive employee
POPULATION SPECIFIC CRITERIA
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with customers
of all ages, recognizing language and learning barriers, and
- Able to state his/her duties during a code pink drill.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a social worker or a
behavioral counseling role in the healthcare environment
Education/Certification Requirements:Licensed Clinical Social
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Behavioral Health Care Coordinator, Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!