Perioperative Services - Nurse Coordinator
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Company Overview: Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen
Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed
community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the
warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise
of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in
the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people
dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and
community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the
most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the
country.AVH requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.This
Position Offers:Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits
package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your
doorstep.Job Overview: The Perioperative Nurse Coordinator provides
both clinical and administrative support to Perioperative Services
and The Steadman Clinic Service Line. This position will also
provide support to Perioperative Service and Administrative
Leadership with staff education, service line initiative
implementation, and act as a conduit with The Steadman Clinic and
all other specialties, Surgeons and Anesthesia. This position will
be in the call rotation and on the schedule for staffing in
Perioperative Services as needed.Primary Scope of
- Functions as a hub of flow and communication in Perioperative
Services between the OR Charge RN, patients, visitors, physicians
and other AVH departments. Collaborates with Physician offices to
enhance appropriate planning and scheduling of cases.
- Provides clinical support for PACU/SDS/PAT/Endo: Monitors all
scheduled cases, provides patient care in accordance with ASPAN
standards, regulatory agency standards, and hospital policy.
- Network with Materials Management to ensure appropriate
supplies are available for the day of surgery; place daily supply
orders as needed.
- Provide ongoing staffing plan and assist in daily planning for
- Support Perioperative team throughout the day in areas such as
providing patient care, communicating with family, physician
offices, other departments. Facilitate effective handoff techniques
between care teams. Ensure appropriate next day plans are made by
collaborating with key players and by participating in daily 2:00
- Provides educational support for the departments through needs
assessment as well as facilitating or providing in-services such as
introduction of new equipment and supplies, new processes.
Participates in audits to ensure compliance in best practices and
outcomes. Assist in Joint Commission, State and hospital mandated
- Facilitate implementation of best practices as they become
available into the Perioperative environment.
- Communicates well with various hospital departments and nursing
units, special needs to Specialty Leads/ Charge RN clearly and
efficiently, and supports communication to appropriate personnel
and departments of an add-ons or patient transfer.
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Identifies and promotes new learning around changing patient
safety standards of practice
- Follows all security, confidentiality, and privacy
- Performs scrub intraoperatively to support/assess the assigned
scrub role and to assist in consistent efficiency metrics for all
scrubs and to standardize process from the scrub perspective.
- Promptly answers questions staff, surgeons, leadership and
other AVH departments and immediately notifies Charge Nurse, and/or
Perioperative Leadership/Director of issues.
- Is familiar with current communication system to support The
Steadman Clinic, Perioperative Services and Administration as
- Cooperates and assists with maintaining training of new
departmental employees related to standardizations, competencies
- Actively participates in department meetings with attendance of
80% or better. Read and respond appropriately to departmental email
and postings. Maintains awareness of patient satisfaction, staff
and Surgeon/Anesthesia improvement initiatives.RN Only Duties:
- In addition to the above duties: RN duties provide a more in
depth level of care in the position.
- Assist with the patient PAT process and coordination of pre-op
- Acts as a liaison regarding patient information with
- Assists with physician's orders transitioning from clinic to
- Provides Nursing approved information, through the individual
service lines and via telephone as needed. Functions as a conduit
with The Steadman Clinic, and all other specialty Surgeons and
- Assists in Inter-departmental Patient reporting (information
- Performs intraoperative support/assessment to assigned RN role
and to assist in consistent efficiency metrics for all
Perioperative Services RN and to standardize processes.Minimum
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in PACU and SDS required.
Preadmit testing and Endoscopy experience preferred.
- Leadership experience required.
- Administrative & general office experience preferred
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Spanish preferred
- Licensed Colorado RN
- BSN Preferred
- Prefer ASPAN membershipBenefits & Compensation: Hire-in rates
of pay are based upon the relevance of years of experience,
education and certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help
you understand how your direct experience will be considered.Pay
range for new hires: $39.22 - $ 50.98/hrOur comprehensive benefits
package includes generous paid time off, health insurance within
your first 30 days, and retirement, which can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Perioperative Services - Nurse Coordinator, Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!