Medical Assistant - Outpatient Clinics
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Company Overview: Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen
Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed
community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the
warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise
of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in
the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people
dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and
community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the
most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the
country.AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most
effective means for our community and country to put COVID-19
behind us and to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In
order to better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH
requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.This Position
Offers:Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package
(including generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30
days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team,
and four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.Job
Overview: The Medical Assistant is a medical professional who
assists the providers in caring for clinic visit patients and
provides assistance with procedural cases. The medical assistant
functions as a member of the Aspen Valley Hospital Outpatient
Clinic clinical team and collaborates with the team to provide
compassionate, efficient care.Primary Scope of
- Administrative duties as needed, including: requests for
documents from outside providers such as labs, past exams, previous
operative reports, previous imaging.
- Facilitate patient flow and work flow in the clinic. Update the
patient, family, and staff, as appropriate, of any delays or
changes in the scheduling.
- Triage patient phone calls and return calls in a timely
- Review scheduled patients in advance of clinic days. Assist
with administrative duties, as needed, including chart preparation
of medical records. Acquire patient diagnostic results or referring
provider clinical notes prior to the clinic visit date and scan to
the patient chart.
- Record pertinent clinical documentation in the EMR in
accordance with regulatory requirements, professional standards and
hospital policy. Ensure accurate documentation including completion
of all required forms, procedural consents, etc. Assure legibility
of all hard copy documentation and include signature, date, and
- Schedule surgical cases and procedural cases. Coordinate
pertinent details with providers and Day Surgery Department.
- Assure patient questions and concerns are addressed during the
clinic visit or with a follow up phone call. Assure each patient
understands the plan of care.
- Participate as a leader for clinical quality in all
departments. Utilize the PDSA approach to process improvement in
- Medication Management: Follow through on patient requests for
medication refills/renewals - obtain orders as needed and refill
prescriptions according to department policy. Provide sample
medications, if carried in these specialties, as directed by the
- Room patients, verify patient identity with name and date of
birth, obtain vital signs, medical history, and current
medications. Verify chief complaint, identify any additional
problems and advise provider.
- Assist provider with patient care, procedures and treatments.
Notify provider of any change in patient condition. Set up for
procedures and assist when requested. Complete AVH time-out process
for all procedures and assure patient safety.
- Assist with daily operations of the clinic.
- Maintain flexibility for reassignment to a variety of
Outpatient Clinics as assigned by Director and Clinical Supervisor,
- Other duties as assigned/requested.Minimum Qualifications &
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Spanish preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- 1+ year of clinical experience in a patient care setting is
beneficialBenefits & Compensation: Hire-in rates of pay are based
upon the relevance of years of experience, education and
certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help you
understand how your direct experience will be considered.Pay range
for new hires: $20.12 - $26.11/hrOur comprehensive benefits package
includes generous paid time off, health insurance within your first
30 days, and retirement, which can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Medical Assistant - Outpatient Clinics, Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!