Clinic Coordinator - Diagnostic Imaging
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Company Overview: Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen
Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed
community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the
warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise
of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in
the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people
dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and
community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the
most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the
country.AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most
effective means for our community and country to put COVID-19
behind us and to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In
order to better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH
requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.This Position
Offers:Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package
(including generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30
days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team,
and four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.Job
Overview: Under the general supervision of the Director of
Diagnostic Imaging this position is responsible for providing
assistance to Diagnostic Imaging and its technologists by
entering/editing patient exams into the RIS system, printing orders
and schedules, having patients complete pre-exam questionnaires,
providing proper paperwork to technologists, answering telephones,
filing, checks in and uploads outside images, creates CDs,
mails/Fed Ex CDs, tracks image file requests, obtains authorization
and faxes reports to physicians, orders supplies, plus other duties
as requested.Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Answers DI telephone, assists customer on telephone or routes
calls to the appropriate party. Displays courtesy and efficiency in
promptly answering and routing phone calls.
- Enters/edits patients in the radiologic RIS system timely,
ensuring exams are accurate.
- Has patients complete pre-examination questionnaires and has
all paperwork ready for technologist.
- Acts as liaison between patient/family and DI technologists,
relaying useful information such as wait times, etc.
- Understands and complies with all hospital, patient
confidentiality, and HIPAA requirements and adheres to federal,
state and hospital rules and regulations concerning HIPAA privacy
- Sends exam images and creates CD copies as requested. Knows how
to send images via PowerShare and how to add facilities to
PowerShare software. Records and tracks sent studies.
- Orders office supplies and keeps the reception area tidy and
- Orders miscellaneous supplies for all DI modalities as
requested by technologists.
- Keeps the DI waiting room tidy.
- Assists with orientation of new DI staff to coordinator tasks,
such as entering exams, uploading images, sending images, etc.
- Participates in department trainings and staff meetings. Reads
emails to ensure they are current on hospital/departmental
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding
patient and coworker expectations.
- Represents the department/hospital as a dedicated, courteous,
and responsive employee.
- Follows hospital compliance plan and policies, including Code
of Conduct.Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1-2 years of experience in related field preferred
- PC Computer proficiency is required
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferredBenefits &
Compensation: Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of
years of experience, education and certifications. Our talent
acquisition team will help you understand how your direct
experience will be considered.Pay range for new hires: $20.00 -
$25.92/hrOur comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid
time off, health insurance within your first 30 days, and
retirement, which can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Clinic Coordinator - Diagnostic Imaging, Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!