Front Office and Rehab Services Coordinator
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Company Overview: Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen
Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed
community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the
warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise
of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in
the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people
dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and
community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the
most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the
country.AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most
effective means for our community and country to put COVID-19
behind us and to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In
order to better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH
requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.This Position
Offers:Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package
(including generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30
days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team,
and four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.Job
Overview: Serves as front office coordinator and technician for
physical, occupational, and speech therapy services. The front
office and technician roles are shared within the department
between two individuals. Provides clerical support for the
department and its satellite facilities. Schedules physical,
occupational, and speech therapy appointments for all
patients/clients. Registers and verifies insurance coverage within
computer system. Communicates with team to relay information from
calls and messages. Has ability to communicate and coordinate in a
knowledgeable and courteous manner with others. Practices
exceptional customer service, data entry, assists in maintaining
supplies and equipment, cleaning department, transportation of
patients by standing assist or wheelchair, assembling crutches and
ice grips, restocking linen, and set up continuous passive motion
machine.Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Registrations, scheduling patients, and answering phone.
- Plan of Care compliance by monitoring excel sheet and updating
- Processes inventory requisitions as supplies are needed and
manages the pyxis supply system.
- Assists therapist as needed with patient care including:
patient positioning, splint and brace assistance, crutch training
and patient transport.
- Maintains discharged patient charts, computer and paper logs on
a daily basis.
- Uses critical analysis for problem solving.
- Answers telephone calls and call lights promptly and
courteously responds to requests and messages in a timely manner.
Upholds core values.
- Greets patients/families by introducing self and maintaining
eye contact. Obtains an interpreter as needed.
- Records pertinent documentation in accordance with regulatory
requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Performs related clerical duties such as filing, making charts,
photocopying, running errands, entering charges, faxing, and
obtaining medical information when requested from therapists or
- Answers telephone calls, responds to routine inquiries and
relays other calls and messages in a timely manner. Responds to
patients' requests and notifies appropriate personnel of the
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and
- Keeping gym area clean and return equipment to proper
- Stock clean linens and maintain cleanliness of treatment
- Cleaning of equipment as needed including cardio machines,
weights, balls, mats, hydrocollators, etc.
- Facilitates efficient work flow of the clinic by effective
communication, anticipating staffing and patient needs, and
collaborating with colleagues to meet the operational needs of the
- Maintains a clean work environment at all times.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making and professional growth.
- Participates and contributes to departmental meetings and
activities.Population Specific Criteria
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with customers
of all ages, recognizing language and learning barriers, and
- Able to state his/her duties during a code pink drill.Minimum
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Medical terminology knowledge preferred
- Exceptional customer services skills are critical
- Proficient in typing and Microsoft Office software
- Experience in a healthcare office setting preferred
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish highly desiredBenefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
considered.Pay range for new hires: $22.00 - $28.51/hrOur
comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which
can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Front Office and Rehab Services Coordinator, Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!