Surgical Technologist - Located in Aspen, CO
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Company Overview: Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen
Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five bed
community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the
warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise
of a major medical center. Our Award Winning Hospital, nestled in
the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people
dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and
community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the
most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the
country.AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most
effective means for our community and country to put COVID-19
behind us and to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In
order to better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH
requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.This position
offers:Generous relocation / sign on bonus, highly competitive pay,
fully furnished temporary housing for up to 90 days to assist with
relocation, minimal call (one week night per week plus every 5th
weekend), free on-call studio units, working side by side world
renown orthopedic physicians (Steadman Clinic), guaranteed hours
(no mandatory down staffing, EVER), excellent benefits package, 4 x
10's via a Days Shift (Mon-Fri) only (no nights or weekends except
when on call), and access to four of North America's top ski
resorts at your doorstep.Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Maintains sterile field and instrumentation for all surgical
procedures. Prepares the operating room and supplies for each
surgical case in a neat and efficient manner.
- Works collaboratively with others within the department to
ensure an efficient, professional and respectful environment.
- Fully competent in primary role on unit; performs patient and
family assessment and problem identification, plans care
accordingly, implements and evaluates plan of care.
- Always follows all surgical procedures to assure adherence to
AORN guidelines for sterile processes and proper instrument
preparation and decontamination.
- For each case scheduled, arranges and sets up unsterile as well
as sterile equipment in adherence to AORN guidelines and per
physician's preference card.
- Daily provides a safe, clean and well-stocked department.
- Assists with any specialty case by maintaining stock and
ordering specialty items as indicated.
- Daily, well in advance of need, communicates with Director or
charge nurse for any supply, repair and or equipment need.
- Properly cleans, decontaminates and disposes of all used,
contaminated equipment per policy.
- Delivers equipment safely and in an organized fashion to
Sterile Processing for decontamination and sterile processing.
- Monitors all sterile qualities and indicators for
instrumentation and equipment used while maintaining all sterility
logs for steam, Sterad and Steris processing.
- Responsible for working on Policies and Procedures, Preference
Cards and other needed projects as assigned by the Director or
Charge Nurse for the department when not engaged in cases.
- Responsibly document Charges in both the EMR, as well as, when
Pulling /Taking supplies for cases through Pyxis.
- Shows competency with all equipment, systems or procedures that
are performed within the Perioperative Services Department.
- Current Colorado Surgical Technologist license required
- Current BLS certification required
- Surgery Tech NCCT preferredMinimum Qualifications:
- 2 years recent O.R. experience required
- 2 years of Ortho experience preferredHire-in rates of pay are
based upon the relevance of years of experience, education and
certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help you
understand how your direct experience will be considered.Pay range
for new hires: $35.00 - $38.32/hrOur comprehensive benefits package
includes generous Paid Time Off, Health Insurance within your first
30 days, Retirement, and much more can be viewed here.Required
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Surgical Technologist - Located in Aspen, CO, Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!