Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
AVH requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package (including
generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30 days,
retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, and
four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.
The Recovery Room RN / Same Day Surgery RN (PACU & SDS RN) provides
professional nursing care in accordance with known/accepted
standards of practice and AVH policy. Utilizes the Nursing Process
to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care. The PACU RN
Works in support of the medical staff treatment plan and makes
recommendations for changes to medical treatment plan as
appropriate. The PACU RN educates patients and family around the
plan of care and disease management. The PACU RN actively supports
the nursing philosophy by striving for excellence in patient care,
professional development, interpersonal relations, time management,
and continuous quality improvement.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Maintains competency in Peri-operative procedures, equipment
and standards of care according to ASPAN standards and unit
- Researches and coordinates new case-specific equipment and
procedures. Then communicates that information to the Director,
materials staff and other team members as necessary. Learning the
functionality and operation of new equipment is the responsibility
of the individual nurse.
- The Nurse will maintain competency and take responsibility for
medication administration in accordance with hospital policy. All
narcotic discrepancies will be handled in accordance to hospital
- All nursing documentation and assessment of the patient is to
be carried out in accordance to unit specific and hospital policy
using ORM electronic documentation.
- The Nurse will be responsible for working on Policies and
Procedures, Preference Cards and other needed projects as assigned
by the Director or Charge Nurse for the department when not engaged
- The Nurse will responsibly document Charges in both the EMR, as
well as when Pulling /Taking supplies for cases through Pyxis.
- The Nurse will show competency with all equipment, systems or
procedures that are performed within the Surgical Services
- Assistance with any needed functions within the department.
This includes, but is not limited to: Housekeeping Functions,
Assisting in Sterile Processing/Instrument Cleaning, Materials
Management and Room Stocking, and Floating to other Departments
within Surgical Services or the Hospital if needed. These roles
will be assigned by the Charge Nurse or Director as needed.
- The Nurse will be dressed in AVH Scrubs at the assigned start
of the shift, ready to perform their job duties.
- The RN will communicate clearly with the Charge Nurse, Director
and other staff in regards to plans for procedures, patient flow
and personal needs.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2 years of experience required.
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish highly desired.
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- BSN graduate preferred
- Current Colorado nursing license or temporary permit
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- PALS within six months of hire
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires: $32.41 - $42.13/hr.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which
can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , PACU RN, Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!