PRN (As Needed) Surgical Technologist - Located in Aspen, CO
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Company Overview: Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen
Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed
community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the
warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise
of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in
the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people
dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and
community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the
most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the
country.AVH requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.This
Position Offers:Highly competitive pay while being part of a very
cohesive & supportive team, and four of North America's top ski
resorts at your doorstep.Job Overview: Maintains sterile field and
instrumentation for all surgical procedures. Prepares the operating
room and supplies for each surgical case in a neat and efficient
manner. The Surgical Technologist (ST) will communicate with all
other members of the Perioperative team to give the highest
standard of care according to AORN standards for patients in the
intraoperative period. The ST works collaboratively with
co-workers, stocks and orders of supplies for department. The ST
provides additional supportive patient care as directed by
others.The Surgical Technologist will be an active member of the
entire department, with the ability to help in roles outside of
surgically specific job duties if needed. The ST will work
collaboratively with others within the department to ensure an
efficient, professional and respectful environment. The ST will
work with other departments as well, in regards to patient safety
and communication.Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Fully competent in primary role on unit; performs patient and
family assessment and problem identification, plans care
accordingly, implements and evaluates plan of care so that problems
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Identifies and promotes new learning around changing patient
safety standards of practice.
- Serves in advocacy role; encouraging active involvement of
patient and family in their care.
- Prioritizes patient's situations and takes appropriate action
in an efficient, effective manner.
- Makes value-added resource decision for patient care with
respect to supplies, equipment and acuity of care.
- Always follows all surgical procedures to assure adherence to
AORN guidelines for sterile processes and proper instrument
preparation and decontamination.
- Efficiently adapts to new products and procedures and
immediately educates co-workers on the use of new equipment.
- Locates, operates and maintains equipment per procedures.
- For each case scheduled, arranges and sets up unsterile as well
as sterile equipment in adherence to AORN guidelines and per
physician's preference card.
- Provides a safe, clean and well-stocked department
- Assists with any specialty case by maintaining stock and
ordering specialty items as indicated.
- Daily, well in advance of need, communicates with Director or
charge nurse for any supply, repair and or equipment need.
- Properly cleans, decontaminates and disposes of all used,
contaminated equipment per policy.
- Delivers equipment safely and in an organized fashion to
Sterile Processing for decontamination and sterile processing.
- Monitors all sterile qualities and indicators for
instrumentation and equipment used while maintaining all sterility
logs for steam, Sterad and Steris processing.
- The ST will be responsible for working on Policies and
Procedures, Preference Cards and other needed projects as assigned
by the Director or Charge Nurse for the department when not engaged
- The ST will responsibly document charges in both the EMR, as
well as, when Pulling /Taking supplies for cases through
- The ST will show competency with all equipment, systems or
procedures that are performed within the Perioperative Services
- Assistance with any needed functions within the department.
This includes, but is not limited to: Housekeeping Functions,
Assisting in Sterile Processing/Instrument Cleaning, Materials
Management and Room Stocking, and Floating to other Departments
within Perioperative Services or the Hospital if needed. These
roles will be assigned by the Charge Nurse or Director as
- The ST will be dressed in AVH Scrubs at the assigned start of
the shift, ready to perform their job duties.
- The ST will communicate clearly with the Charge Nurse, Director
and other staff in regards to plans for procedures, patient flow
and personal needs.Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2 years recent O.R. experience preferred
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Current Colorado Surgical Technologist License is required
- Current BLS certification required
- Surgical Technologist Certification(s) preferred (NCCT, TS-C or
NBSTSA, CST)Benefits & Compensation: Hire-in rates of pay are based
upon the relevance of years of experience, education and
certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help you
understand how your direct experience will be considered.Pay range
for new hires: $33.22 - $42.17 /hrPRN Benefits: As an employee you
will be eligible to purchase discounted bus passes for
transportation to and from work, discounted ski pass options, 457B,
and also participate in a number of AVH hosted programs including
cell phone discounts or computer software
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , PRN (As Needed) Surgical Technologist - Located in Aspen, CO, Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!