Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
AVH requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive benefits
package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your
The registered nurse (RN) provides clinical care in collaboration
with other clinic staff and assists with administrative duties, as
needed, under the direction of the leadership and providers.
Accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct
patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Fully competent in the RN role in the assigned specialty and/or
- The RN provides leadership through activities such as preceptor
role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement
- Respond to clinical needs of patients based on acuity, nursing
standards, and policies and procedures. Make value-added resource
decisions for patient care with respect to supplies, equipment, and
acuity of care.
- Triage phone calls, patient walk-ins and other patient related
issues as they arise.
- Assist with patient chart preparation prior to clinic visits.
Obtain patient medical data and pertinent diagnostic results, enter
in electronic medical record.
- Room clinic visit patients, obtain vital signs, complete
required documentation in the electronic medical record, advise
provider of any concerning or unusual findings during
- Medication Management: Follow through on patient requests for
medication refills/renewals - obtain orders as needed and refill
prescriptions according to department policy. Provide sample
medications, if carried in these specialties, as directed by the
- Record pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with
regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital
policies. Documentation includes nursing assessment form,
medication reconciliation form, and patient education/discharge
- Alert leadership of issues, concerns, supply, or operational
needs that require hierarchal authority to solve.
- Facilitate patient workflow and efficiency in the clinic
through collaboration with clinic staff.
- Assist provider with patient care, procedures and treatments.
Notify provider of any change in patient condition. Set up for
procedures and assist when requested. Complete AVH time-out process
for all procedures and assure patient safety.
- Understands safety protocols and emergency care (ACLS for
patients undergoing moderate sedation). Able to safely care for
such patients during the peri-procedure processes.
- Assists in developing and monitoring goals, performance
improvement (PDSA), departmental risk assessment, quality
indicators and policy development.
- Performs front and back office duties within scope of practice
and functions as a resource for both coordinators and clinical
staff in their principal duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain flexibility for reassignment to a variety of
outpatient clinics as assigned by leadership, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned/requested.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2 years of PCU/CCU/ICU experience preferred.
- Associates Degree in Nursing; BSN Graduate preferred
- Current Colorado nursing license or other approved Compact
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification required within 3 months of hire
- PALS or ENPC within 2 years of hire preferred
- TNCC preferred
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires: $32.41 - $42.14/hr.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which
can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!