Radiologic Technologist & Clinic Coordinator
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Company Overview:Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen
Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed
community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the
warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise
of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in
the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people
dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and
community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the
most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the
country.AVH requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.This
Position Offers:Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week,
comprehensive benefits package (including generous PTO, health
insurance within your first 30 days, retirement), being part of a
very cohesive & supportive team, four of North America's top ski
resorts at your doorstep, and much more.Job Overview:The Rad
Tech/Clinic Coordinator position (working out of both the Basalt
After Hours Clinic and The Snowmass Clinic) is responsible for
providing Radiologic X-Ray imaging, on-site. Additionally, this
position is responsible, as needed throughout the calendar year, to
function as the Registrar/Clinic Coordinator. This position also
serves as support staff, under the direction of the charge nurse,
to assist with other non-clinical duties that contribute to
effective patient flow in the clinic.Primary Scope of
Responsibilities as Radiologic Tech:
- Advise patient of ordered imaging and what to expect
- Competent in transferring patients to the X-ray suite via
standby ambulation, wheelchair, or stretcher.
- Competent in basic anatomy and positioning for common
- Follow outpatient x-ray procedure guidelines. Utilize
Inteleviewer and the Tech Portal software. Able to send images via
email. Able to burn images to a disc.
- Monitor that X-Rays are read by the on-call radiologist within
60 minutes.Responsibilities as Clinic Coordinator:
- Serve as the receptionist for the clinic waiting area. Greet
patients upon arrival. Communicate in a knowledgeable and courteous
manner with patients, family members and staff. Answer telephone
calls promptly and respond to requests and messages in a timely
manner. Take accurate phone messages, relay to appropriate
personnel. Screen all patients and visitors who present to the
clinic according to the current AVH COVID practices prior to
- Register clinic visit patients in Meditech: Perform accurate
and complete registrations using thorough interview technique to
ensure that information is complete and accurate. Obtain
demographic and insurance information; scan insurance cards and
appropriate ID to Meditech. Ensure all compliance requirements have
been met. Obtain appropriate patient or guardian signatures.
Perform cash collections at time of service, consistent with AVH's
Credit and Collections Policy. Process credit card and cash
payments, able to compute 20% for discount if bill is paid in full.
Collect payment for all dispensed medications. Able to provide
correct change. Enter payments in Meditech. Able to create a zoom
meeting and register patients via phone for this modality,
including procurement of insurance information. Complete daily log
book. Able to utilize correct downtime procedures when
- Monitor waiting room activities and alert Charge Nurse when
triage is needed or waiting room is full. Assist with keeping
family members updated regarding the patient's procedure and/or
- Order labs and X-rays in Meditech, enter results as
- Enter clinic visit charges in Meditech and print receipt for
- Call 911 for emergencies, when directed by the charge nurse or
provider. Able to provide phone number, address, copy face sheet
and any documentation for EMS, open back door for ambulance
- Fax records to MD offices and local Emergency rooms, as needed,
for patient transfers.
- Order office and medical supplies.Responsibilities as Support
- Function as a support staff member under the direction of the
Charge Nurse and Provider.
- Assist with setting up the clinic at the beginning of the day,
silence alarm code on arrival, clock in, turn on x-ray machine,
count cash bag, unlock daily log drawer & remove sheet, check
printer for paper, assure blank patient charts ready for the day,
check clinic phone voicemails, unlock front and back doors.
- Assist clinical staff as needed with transferring patients from
stretcher to exam room bed, assist with disrobing patients and
removing shoes/ski or snowboard boots, cleaning rooms, re-stocking.
Assist ski patrol as needed with transferring patients from
toboggan/4wheeler/suburban to stretcher. Assist provider/nurse in
splinting and casting.
- Help patients with belongings and equipment, including locking
skis or mountain bikes in the garage cage. Facilitate patient
retrieval of equipment as needed.
- Assist with closing down the clinic at the end of the day;
print end of day forms and email to department - close payment
"drawer", check that all rooms are clean and stocked, check for any
dirty instruments that need to be sent to sterile processing -
follow established policy, place daily log back into appropriate
drawer & lock drawer, turn off x-ray machine, lock front and back
doors, clock out and set alarm.
- Adhere reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
Assist in maintaining a clean, safe, organized environment of
- Complete orientation checklist and orientation shifts with an
experienced staff member.
- Follow all security, confidentiality, and privacy
- Adhere to current AVH and departmental Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) policies and procedures.
- Participate in department meetings and complete annual
- Other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications &
- ARRT in Radiologic Technologist required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Rad Tech required
- Required certifications through American Heart Association:
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skills are both
- The ability to maintain composure in stressful situations is
requiredBenefits & Compensation: Hire-in rates of pay are based
upon the relevance of years of experience, education and
certifications. Our talent acquisition team will help you
understand how your direct experience will be considered.Pay range
for new hires: $26.78 - $34.77/hrOur comprehensive benefits package
includes generous paid time off, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement, and much more can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Radiologic Technologist & Clinic Coordinator, Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!