RN - Operating Room
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our Award-Winning Hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package (including
generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30 days,
retirement), being part of an amazing and cohesive team, and four
of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep. Our
comprehensive benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off,
Health Insurance within your first 30 days, Retirement, and much
more can be viewed here.
Pay range for new hires: $40.91 - $65.44/hr + up to $6 /hr
Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant experience.
Our talent acquisition team will help you understand how your
direct experience will be considered.
The Operating Room RN provides professional nursing care in
accordance with known/accepted standards of practice and AVH
policy. Utilizes the Nursing Process to assess, plan, implement and
evaluate nursing care. Works in support of the medical staff
treatment plan and makes recommendations for changes to medical
treatment plan as appropriate. The OR RN educates patients and
family around the plan of care and disease management. Actively
supports the nursing philosophy by striving for excellence in
patient care, professional development, interpersonal relations,
time management, and continuous quality improvement. The OR RN will
be an active member of the entire department, with the ability to
help in roles outside surgically specific job duties if needed. The
OR RN will work collaboratively with others within the department
to ensure an efficient, professional and respectful environment.
The OR RN will work with other departments as well, in regard to
patient safety and communication.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Maintains competency in Perioperative procedures, equipment and
standards of care according to AORN standards and unit specific
- Always maintains sterile process, sterile consciousness, and
decontamination and sterilization process as defined by AORN
standards of care.
- Researches and coordinates new-case-specific equipment and
procedures. Then communicates that information to the Director,
materials staff and other team members as necessary. Learning the
functionality and operation of new equipment is the responsibility
of the individual nurse.
- The Nurse will maintain competency and take responsibility for
medication administration in accordance with hospital policy. All
narcotic discrepancies will be handled in accordance to hospital
- All nursing documentation and assessment of the patient is to
be carried out in accordance to unit specific and hospital policy
using electronic medical record documentation.
- The Nurse will be responsible for working on Policies and
Procedures, Preference Cards and other needed projects as assigned
by the Director or Charge Nurse for the department when not engaged
- The Nurse will responsibly document Charges in both the EMR, as
well as, when Pulling /Taking supplies for cases through
- The Nurse will show competency with all equipment, systems or
procedures that are performed within the Perioperative Services
Department. This relates to the position of Circulating Nurse and
Scrub Nurse should the employee act in both roles.
- Assistance with any needed functions within the department.
This includes, but is not limited to: Housekeeping Functions,
Assisting in Sterile Processing/Instrument Cleaning, Materials
Management and Room Stocking, and Floating to other Departments
within Perioperative Services or the Hospital if needed. These
roles will be assigned by the Charge Nurse or Director as
- The Nurse will be dressed in AVH Scrubs at the assigned start
of the shift, ready to perform their job duties.
- The RN will communicate clearly with the Charge Nurse, Director
and other staff in regards to plans for procedures, patient flow
and personal needs.
- Develops a problem-based plan of care for every patient with
appropriate nursing interventions
- Records pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with
regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital
- Prioritizes patient situations and takes appropriate action in
an efficient, effective manner
- Responds to clinical needs of patients in accord with
experience, nursing standards, and hospital/nursing policies and
- Makes value-added resource decisions for patient care with
respect to supplies, equipment, and acuity of care
- Fully competent in the primary nurse role on unit; performs
patient and family assessment and problem identification, plans
care accordingly; implements and evaluates plan of care to ensure
that problems are resolved.
- Maintain competency in the care of the medical surgical patient
with emphasis on orthopedic and general surgeries.
- Maintain competency in the care of the pediatric
- Maintain competency in the care of the patient requiring
- Cross-train to OB and the care of the postpartum patient (or
ICU when approved by director).
Population Specific Criteria:
- Ensures developmentally appropriate care for infants, toddlers,
children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients.
Minimum Qualifications, Certifications, Licensure &
- Current Colorado RN License (or compact) is required
- Required certifications specifically through American Heart
- BLS required upon hire
- ACLS required within six months of hire
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an Operating Room RN at a
Joint Commission accredited facility is required
- Minimum of 1 year of Orthopedic experience as an OR RN is
- Successful completion of Periop 101 preferred
- Scrub and Circulating experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills required
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , RN - Operating Room, Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!