Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our Award Winning Hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This position offers:
Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package (including
generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30 days,
retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, and
four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep. Our
comprehensive benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off,
Health Insurance within your first 30 days, Retirement, and much
more can be viewed here.
Pay range for new hires: $30.73 - $49.17/hr + up to $6.00 / hr
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Maintains sterile field and instrumentation for all surgical
procedures. Prepares the operating room and supplies for each
surgical case in a neat and efficient manner.
- Works collaboratively with others within the department to
ensure an efficient, professional and respectful
- Fully competent in primary role on unit; performs patient and
family assessment and problem identification, plans care
accordingly, implements and evaluates plan of care.
- Always follows all surgical procedures to assure adherence to
AORN guidelines for sterile processes and proper instrument
preparation and decontamination.
- For each case scheduled, arranges and sets up unsterile as well
as sterile equipment in adherence to AORN guidelines and per
physician's preference card.
- Daily provides a safe, clean and well-stocked
- Assists with any specialty case by maintaining stock and
ordering specialty items as indicated.
- Daily, well in advance of need, communicates with Director or
charge nurse for any supply, repair and or equipment need.
- Properly cleans, decontaminates and disposes of all used,
contaminated equipment per policy.
- Delivers equipment safely and in an organized fashion to
Sterile Processing for decontamination and sterile
- Monitors all sterile qualities and indicators for
instrumentation and equipment used while maintaining all sterility
logs for steam, Sterad and Steris processing.
- Responsible for working on Policies and Procedures, Preference
Cards and other needed projects as assigned by the Director or
Charge Nurse for the department when not engaged in cases.
- Responsibly document Charges in both the EMR, as well as, when
Pulling /Taking supplies for cases through Pyxis.
- Shows competency with all equipment, systems or procedures that
are performed within the Perioperative Services Department.
- Current Colorado Surgical Technologist license
- Current BLS certification required
- Surgery Tech NCCT preferred
- 2 years recent O.R. experience required
- 2 years of Ortho experience preferred
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!