Clinic Coordinator & Registrar (Seasonal Position)
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: November 8, 2019
This is a seasonal position with excellent pay & great perks.
Position runs December, 2019 thru April, 2020.
The Snowmass Clinic Coordinator/Registrar performs administrative
duties that support the staff and clinic with registration,
communication, parking facilitation, and other non-clinical patient
care duties as needed and appropriate. This position functions with
2 separate roles. Most days this position will be scheduled as the
clinic coordinator with additional day(s) as a clinic
Primary Scope of Responsibilities - Clinic Coordinator
- The Clinic Coordinator's daily responsibilities are directed by
the Clinic Office Manager and/or the RN Supervisor in cooperation
with the OP Clinic Director.
- Ensure accessibility for emergency vehicles and for patient
vehicles to drop off or pick up patients. Facilitate parking for
emergency vehicles, patients, staff, and supply deliveries as
- Responsible for the patient ski/snowboard log and security.
Appropriately log, secure and release patient ski/snowboard
- Monitor and communicate SkiCo activities regarding incoming
patients to clinical staff.
- Assist with patient transfers into the clinic and assisting
patients to private vehicles as needed.
- Monitor and assist with conduct of visitors and patients when
- Proactively approach patients and visitors who are in an
apparent need of assistance.
- Assist Clinic staff with cleaning beds, keeping patient board
- Monitor and maintain sidewalks immediately outside of clinic
for safe conditions.
- Other duties as assigned/requested
Primary Scope of Responsibilities - Registrar
- The Registrar's daily responsibilities are directed by the
Clinic Office Manager in cooperation with the OP Clinic Director.
Monitors lobby activities and alerts the Clinic Supervisor,
Physician, or Nursing Staff when triage is needed or when the lobby
- Performs accurate registration using thorough interview
techniques to ensure that information is 100% complete and
accurate. Ensures that all compliance requirements have been met,
and the registration is properly created and/or updated for
- Performs cash collections at time of service, consistent with
financial counseling procedures, the hospital's Credit and
Collection Policy and Guidelines and other financial directives.
Utilizes software for payment and receipt on all applicable
encounters. Handles money competently and securely, properly
balances received payments and returned change, and balances and
reconciles cash drawer daily.
- Responsible for reconciliation of petty cash and balancing at
the end of the day. Ensures the clinic is closed, locked and alarm
set at the end of the day.
- Responsible for scanning patient records to Medical records
department on a daily basis. Ensures that all parties have
appropriate forms and makes copies as appropriate to ensure clinic
flow. Schedules first-time and follow-up visits with patients
- Exercises the most desirable customer service demeanor and
professionalism in all communication, duties and attire while
interacting with patients, physicians, staff and visitors.
- Is thoroughly versed in Hospital and applicable HIPAA
regulations and is especially sensitive to, and mindful of, patient
confidentiality in all scenarios. Conforms to all regulations
- Serves as a receptionist for the Clinic waiting area.
Communicates and coordinates information in a knowledgeable and
courteous manner with staff, patients, and families. Assists with
keeping family members updated regarding patient's
- Answers telephone calls promptly and responds to requests and
messages in a timely manner. Takes accurate messages,
relays/forwards messages to appropriate personnel, and refers
callers to appropriate personnel as needed. Perform reminder calls
to patients as required.
- Utilizes paging system as needed/directed.
- Assist with discharging patients from the Clinic, with
coordinating follow up appointments, preauthorization's, and
scheduling surgeries and procedures as needed. Inform patients
about their next steps and assist with any questions.
- Accurately prepares and maintains patient charts including
scanning of medical records and results of tests/procedure done by
non AVH sites into electronic medical record, as needed.
- Prioritizes work load.
- Participates and contributes in Department meetings
- Other duties as assigned/requested.
POPULATION SPECIFIC CRITERIA
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with customers
of all ages, recognizing language and learning barriers, and
- One year of experience in an administrative role, healthcare
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Computer skill experience preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Normal patient care environment with little exposure to
excessive noise, dust and temperature
- May be exposed to communicable diseases through normal or
careless performance of responsibilities
- May be exposed to mechanical dangers associated with mechanical
- May be exposed to stressful situations
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Clinic Coordinator & Registrar (Seasonal Position), Healthcare , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!