Cook II - The Little Nell - Winter
Company: Aspen Skiing Company
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back
door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited.
We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our
passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000
bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges
on our mountains, and from family adventure to apr--s ski, this
hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
The Cook II primary responsibility is for station assigned;
maintains mise en place. And prepares hot and cold foods for the
restaurant according to Chef's specifications and for catered
events as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Set up mise en place to Chef's specifications
- Set up, maintain, work and breakdown station and maintains area
cleanliness throughout shift, cleans work area at shift end
- Properly stores all mise en place at shift end
- Submits production need for following day by shift end
- Makes basic sauces, for example, Hollandaise
- Cooks/prepares salads, appetizers both hot and cold
- Knowledge of safe and sanitary work conditions and proper food
- Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as
outlined in the employee handbook
- Report to shift on time
- Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and
Beverage Department, The Little Nell, and Aspen Skiing Company
- Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures
- Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by
- Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and
assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels
- Responsible for assisting all team members in organization of
kitchen items, to include, dry goods, kitchen equipment, storage
containers, cleaning supplies and proper rotation and organization
of all food deliveries.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Culinary degree or equivalent
- One year food preparation experience
- Knowledge of poaching, saut-- and roasting
- Excellent written and spoken English
Supervision given and received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of the Chef de Cuisine.
Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is
checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily
Work Environment and physical demands
- Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, smell, taste, stand, walk or
be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Regularly work in wet, hot and humid conditions for extended
periods of time and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven
- Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs.
individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.--- Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.--- ------
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties
and responsibilities may change at any time with or without
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an
equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other
compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of November 15 2021, Aspen Skiing Company, The Little Nell, and
The Limelight Hotels will require all active employees to be fully
vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about this policy via our
employee safety page here
Keywords: Aspen Skiing Company, Aspen , Cook II - The Little Nell - Winter, Hospitality & Tourism , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!