Intermediate Banquet Cook - $17 per Hour - Full Time - Summer Seasonal - Crested Butte
Company: Vail Mountain
Location: Crested Butte
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road.
We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature.
We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our
untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to
our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and
bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.As of Nov.
15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North
America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.We are currently looking for
cooks whowill provide first class service to our guests in an
upbeat, fast-paced restaurant environment. Our formal training and
staging program provides the opportunity for professional
advancement from various career stages. We will train folks with
the right attitude and a passion for being here, with us, at our
- Understands the proper terms for kitchen equipment/pans and
small wares used in the kitchen
- Understands and operates basic cooking equipment such as
fryers, pizza oven and kettles
- All of our team members are typically required to wash dishes
one shift per week
- Heat or Reheat items for service in accordance with current
applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and
regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, utensils,
sneeze guards and guest facing areas of their station in accordance
with health and safety standards
- Proactively greet guests and take food orders
- Continually demonstrate a high level of guest service
- Prepare food items in accordance with the station guide recipes
including portion control and presentation
- Gathers and portion items ensuring that they are of high
quality and serves to guests
- Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas
including but not limited to temperature checks, wearing gloves and
proper utilization of sanitation buckets
- Responsible for breaking down workstation, cooling food where
necessary in accordance with cooling guidelines and storing in
accordance with proper storage and labelling guidelines
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- Typically requires supervision from a more senior culinary team
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as
- Ability to speak, read and communicate English.
- Ability to maintain a positive work ethic.
- Ability to work as a productive part of a team.
- Abilityto carry up to50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for up to 6-8 hours at a time.
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills.
- Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Has or is able to obtain a Food Handlers Card within 30 days of
- Previous cooking experience- preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of sanitation-preferredThe budgeted range starts at
$17. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience. The
perksinclude afree Summer pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Visioninsurance,and a401(k)
- Hourly employees aregenerallyeligible for accruedPaid Time Off
(PTO),Extra Time Off (ETO)and Sick Time. Salaried employees
aregenerallyeligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insuranceReach Your Peak at Vail
Resorts.As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts
delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our
employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate
individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the
status quo. Whether youre looking for seasonal work or the career
of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.Vail Resorts is an
equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by applicable law.Requisition ID 433129 Required
Keywords: Vail Mountain, Aspen , Intermediate Banquet Cook - $17 per Hour - Full Time - Summer Seasonal - Crested Butte, Hospitality & Tourism , Crested Butte, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!