Company: Aspen Meadows Resort
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Sous Chef is responsible for running a specific restaurant
kitchen on a daily basis under the direct supervision of the
executive Chef. Maintain established quality standards. Must have
his/her own tools to perform assigned duties. Promote teamwork and
morale. Know all menus and be able to assist other employees.
Knowledge of products, uses and availability. Dedication to
excellence with continued development of our hotel reputation.
Cook I, II, III, IV, V and Apprentice
Executive Sous Chef
EXPERIENCE: Advanced culinary skills, cooking methods, butchering,
soups, consomm--s, stocks, sauces, basic pastries, garde manger,
product identification. Must be able to relieve any cook position
in his/her outlet. Either graduated from culinary institute with 4
years of practical experience or 8 to 10 years cooking experience
in fine dining with 2 years as supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCES: Must be in good physical condition to
stand on feet for 8 consecutive hours, walk, kneel, bend and lift a
minimum of 50 pounds.
EDUCATION: Must speak, read and write English. Perform mathematical
calculations including but not limited to conversion of recipes,
inventories etc.. Kitchen terminology required.
- Report to work as scheduled
- Need to have enough flexibility to respond to any calls from the
hotel, any days, any hours
- Maintain the kitchen clean and organized
- Responsible for ordering
- Responsible for scheduling
- Able to handle disciplinary action when necessary
- Evaluate the staff, probationary period, and appraisal
- Report any accidents within 24 hours
- Able to handle his/her own butchery if necessary
- Attend any appropriate meetings
- Continued communication with executive Chef and Executive Sous
Chef to met quality and
- Inspect incoming meats, fish, etc.and ensure proper storage and
rotation, as well as daily
inspection of dates of items in the refrigerators.
- Assist in inventory count and controls.
- Responsible organizer work stations
- Expediting and checking all dishes according to menu
specifications and standards
- Must be familiar with all equipment and machinery
- Adhere to established safety standards and assist in preventing
accidents by being aware of hazardous situations
- Report daily on the kitchen logbook
Salamander Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All
aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence,
performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national
origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local law. Salamander is a
drug-free workplace and participant in E-Verify.
Keywords: Aspen Meadows Resort, Aspen , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!