- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying
concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Salamander Hotels
& Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Salamander Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and
assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Monitor all VIP and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Fully comprehend and operate all relevant aspects of the Front
Desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail
in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions currently
underway as listed in the Red Book.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of all closed out and restricted dates.
- Follow and enforce all Salamander hotel credit policies.
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room
rate verification report, and housekeeping report have been
accurately done and filed.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with
fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Assist the FOM in ensuring that employees are following and
maintaining standards (i.e., answering phones, callbacks to guests,
guest request log).
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a
friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and duties
on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and efficient
- Responsible for issued house bank.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent.
- Run room status reports in a timely manner and relay necessary
information to affected departments and individuals.
- Monitor key control to maintain hotel security.
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue through Rooms
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional
- Be involved in departmental meeting, planning and execution.
- Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted
- Assist in training and cross training of new hires and current
employees on a regular basis.
Benefits for full-time employees include but are not limited to the
following with an employee contribution: Medical, Dental, Vision,
Short-term Disability, and Long-term Disability after 90 days of
employment. Employer-provided Basic Life Insurance and Basic
AD&D are provided after 90 days of employment. 401K eligibility
is available to full-time employees after 90 days of employment,
and part-time employees after working 1000 total hours. Currently,
401K Match is $0.50 on the $1.00 of an employee's contribution up
to 6%; there is a 5-year vesting period.
Salamander Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All
aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence,
performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national
origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local law. Salamander is a
drug-free workplace and participant in E-Verify.