AM and PM Cooks
Company: Dolce - Aspen Meadows
Posted on: August 22, 2019
Dolce is now seeking a AM and PM Cooks to join our team at the
Dolce Aspen Meadows location in Aspen, Colorado. Job Summary The
Cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on
standardized recipes, for the Restaurants, Room Service, Employee
Cafeteria and Banquets, while maintaining the highest standards to
produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also
responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in
the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing
cost/production ratio. Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred.
- Culinary experience required. Physical Requirements
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and cold.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management. Fundamental
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required,
according to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the
opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served
promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling,
poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and
dairy and meat products.
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of
proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following
specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as
specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
- Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation
of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment
properly at the end of each meal period.
- Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury
to self or other employees.
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel's standards.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need
- Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards
to food and storage standards and safety.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen
- Maintain a "Clean As You Go" policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed. COMPANY
OVERVIEW: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor
in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20
brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we
offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the
world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest
rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for
all. Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together,
we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great
experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading
economy and midscale brands-delivers just that. We are AmericInn®
by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by
Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique
Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by
Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada
Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by
Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by
Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®,
Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®. Headquartered in
Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai,
Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs
approximately 15,000 team members worldwide. Our Company is an
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Job Location: Dolce Aspen
Meadows, 845 Meadows Road, Aspen, Colorado 81611 Employment Status:
Full-time Please see Description
Keywords: Dolce - Aspen Meadows, Aspen , AM and PM Cooks, Hospitality & Tourism , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!