Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive benefits package
(including generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30
days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team,
four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and much
The HR Coordinator role is multi-faceted, with exposure and direct
involvement in all functional areas of Human Resources. As the
initial point of contact for visitors to the HR office, this
position must acquire and maintain a baseline knowledge of HR
functions in order to appropriately answer or direct
employees/visitors. This position also has direct responsibility
for the day to day coordination of the hospital's transportation
program, conference center, employee travel & education needs, and
participating in the development and coordination of the employee
recognition program. The Coordinator must have strong customer
service skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, fun
environment, with frequent interruptions.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provides excellent customer service, serving as the first point
of contact for the department. Answers general questions about
employee wellbeing & benefits, organization policies and programs,
and hospital resources.
- Coordinates AVH Transportation Program: Actively participates
in TOPS program, makes recommendations, and develops solutions for
alternative transportation program as appropriate. Primary contact
for distribution of bus passes - including seasonal and slide
passes; reconciles cash/passes on a weekly basis; orders new passes
- Coordinates annual Ski Pass voucher process
- Assists in development and coordination of hospital employee
recognition program and related activities with guidance and
approval of CHRO - including Service Awards, Season Kick-off and
End of Season parties, retirement or going away recognition, etc.
Serves as an active member of the Employee Recognition
- Coordinates off-site education needs and travel accommodations
for employees, as approved by the Continuing Education Committee.
Serves as an active member Committee, making policy change/updates
recommendations as needed.
- Facilitates the scheduling of hospital related meetings held in
the AVH conference center. Ensures conference center rooms are
maintained and ready for upcoming meetings.
- Orders and maintains office supplies
- Assists in reconciliation/auditing/monthly billing of benefits
- Assists HR Team members in special projects and other special
events, as requested by CHRO
- Participates and contributes to departmental meetings and
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making and professional growth.
- Represents the department/hospital as a dedicated, courteous,
and responsive employee
- Adheres to all security, confidentiality, and privacy
- Takes initiative to stay informed of and contribute to (as
appropriate) current hospital-wide and departmental patient safety
and quality initiatives. Identifies and promotes new learning
around changing safety standards of practice.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- 2-3 years of Administrative experience preferred, Human
Resources experience a plus
- HR or business-related degree preferred
- Positive attitude and a desire to have fun at work are
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish preferred
- Attention Candidates: when applying for this position, please
be sure to include both a resume and a cover letter (both in PDF
Benefits & Compensation:
Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant experience.
Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position, which
includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point (12 or
Minimum = $23.06/hr
Mid-Point = $30.02/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, retirement, and much
more can be viewed here.
Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources Entry Level, PHR, SHRM,
SHRM-CP, SPHR, Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Human Resources Coordinator, Human Resources , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!