Manager - Human Resources (NE)
Posted on: September 6, 2019
Posting Date Aug 20, 2019
Job Number 19094756
Job Category Human Resources
Location The St. Regis Aspen Resort, 315 E Dean St, Aspen,
Colorado, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than
110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the
moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts
masterpiece on New York's Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a
symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with
more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a
place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can
simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St.
Assists in carrying out the daily activities of the Human Resource
Office including recruitment, total compensation, and training and
development. Additionally, he/she assists in delivering HR services
that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business
success; as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable laws,
regulations and operating procedures.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the human
resources, management operations, or related professional area.
* 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources,
Business Administration, or related major; no work experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Recruitment and Hiring Process
* Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource employee
team members with the appropriate skills, as needed.
* Assists in establishing and maintains contact with external
* Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts
in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating
* Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and
peers) to source candidates for current or future openings.
* Assists in monitoring candidate identification and selection
* Performs quality control on candidate
Assisting in Administering and Educating Employee Benefits
* Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to
unemployment claims; reviews provider reports for accuracy and
* Assists with unemployment claim activity reports.
* Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly
represented, as needed.
Assisting in Managing Employee Development
* Assists with departmental orientation program for employees to
receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform
* Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily
* Assists with coordination and facilitation of new hire
orientation program to generate a positive first impression for
employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in company
* Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the
leadership team in training programs
* Assists with ensuring departmental orientation processes are in
place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to
successfully perform their job.
Assisting in Maintaining Employee Relations
* Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels
in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists
with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
* Utilizes an "open door" policy to acknowledge employee problems
or concerns in a timely manner
* Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager
for resolution or escalated to the Director of Human
Resources/Multi-Property Director of Human Resources.
* Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct employee accident
investigations, as necessary.
* Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job
descriptions for each position.
Assisting in Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
* Assists with ensuring employee files contain required employment
paperwork, proper performance management and compensation
documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required
length of time.
* Assists with ensuring compliance with procedure for accessing,
reviewing, and auditing employee files and ensure compliance with
the Privacy Act.
* Assists with ensuring medical records are maintained in a
separate, secure and confidential medical file.
* Facilitates random, reasonable belief and post accident drug
testing process (in properties where applicable).
* Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee
* Assists with ensuring all safety and security policies (e.g.,
property removal, lost and found items, blood borne pathogens,
accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a
regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin
* Assists with periodic claims reviews with Regional Claims office
to ensure claims are closed in a timely manner and reserve levels
are appropriate for open claims.
* Assists with managing Workers Compensation claims to ensure
appropriate employee care and manage costs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed
to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of
disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Marriott, Aspen , Manager - Human Resources (NE), Human Resources , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!