Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most effective
means for our community and country to put COVID-19 behind us and
to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In order to
better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH requires
COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package (including
generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30 days,
retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, and
four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.
Operates hospital PBX (switchboard), routes calls to appropriate
party, announces appropriate overhead pages to staff. Initiates
telephone referrals to the appropriate person or department. Makes
announcements as outlined in the Emergency Response / Fire /
Disaster plans for Aspen Valley Hospital. Assists Patient Access
with tasks as switchboard duties allow, such as sorting incoming
faxes for distribution to the scheduling team, verifying patient
appointments, taking patient payments, etc. as needed.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Displays courtesy and efficiency in promptly answering and
routing telephone calls
- Responds to emergency response situations promptly and
efficiently to ensure all communication procedures are executed as
- Triages calls requesting connection to patient care units to
minimize intrusion on clinical units
- Announces overhead pages in clear and concise manner, striving
to limit such pages when able
- Assists with patient access department functions as time allows
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding
patient and coworker expectations.
- Represents the department/hospital as a dedicated, courteous,
and responsive employee
- Records pertinent documentation in accordance with regulatory
requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Answers all incoming external and internal calls in friendly
and courteous tone
- Understands and executes all emergency response plans for
- Picks up, assembles, and scans discharged medical records;
performs release of information duties
- Greets physicians, staff, and public as medical record
- Coordinates the paper deficiency process for physicians and
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision-making and professional growth.
- Participates and contributes to departmental meetings and
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School Graduate or GED equivalent preferred
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Multi-tasking skills required
- Ability to use computer and programs
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Spanish preferred
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires: $20.00 - $21.00/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement can be
viewed here. Associated topics: desktop, front desk, help, network,
patient, support, support analyst, technician i, technician ii,
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , PBX Operator, IT / Software / Systems , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!