Registered Nurse - Located in Aspen, CO
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our Award-Winning Hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, on-the-job training, 32 hours per week
guaranteed via a four-day work week, no on-call and no weekends or
holidays, excellent benefits package, temporary housing to assist
with relocation, being part of a very cohesive & supportive team,
four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and much
The Cardiology Registered Nurse provides clinical care and assists
with administrative duties under the direction of the Charge Nurse
and the Cardiology Providers.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Function as a team member of the Cardiology clinic staff.
- Room clinic visit patients, obtain vital signs, complete
required documentation in the electronic medical record, advise
provider of any concerning or unusual findings during assessment.
Assist provider with device interrogation as needed.
- Room Coumadin patients, obtain pertinent required data and
document in the electronic medical record. Perform Point of Care
INR waived testing. Able to discern normal INR result values,
report findings of abnormal bleeding, recent falls, or other
concerning findings during patient assessment to the provider.
Perform phlebotomy as needed for necessary laboratory testing.
Provide Coumadin education, as needed. Communicate new orders to
the patient before end of day.
- Triage phone calls, patient walk-ins and other patient related
issues as they arise.
- Assist with patient chart preparation prior to clinic visits.
Obtain patient medical data and pertinent diagnostic results, enter
in electronic medical record.
- Obtain EKG on all new clinic patients and as requested by
- Apply remote monitoring device, ZIO Patches, to patient and
provide education and references for patient problem solving.
- Set up home monitoring of devices including: pacemakers,
defibrillators, loop recorders.
- Assist with receptionist, registration, and scheduling duties
- Follow established guidelines for patient prescription refill
requests. Assure patient meets required compliance in order to
- Assist provider with Loop Implant/Explant procedures. Provide
comprehensive patient education post procedure.
- Coordinate sleep apnea, nocturnal oxygen, and ambulating oxygen
studies. Educate patients about testing, results, and plan of
- Follow established guidelines to prepare and complete oxygen
orders for patients.
- Manage insurance company prior authorizations. Refer to
provider for peer to peer when applicable.
- Assist provider with Bubble Studies in the Diagnostic Imaging
Department. Able to initiate patient IV prior to study.
- Follow established guidelines to assist patients with sample
medications as prescribed by the Cardiology providers. Maintain
accurate sample medication log.
- Provide pertinent patient education, as needed, for new
diagnoses, diagnostic testing, and medications.
- Transfer clinic visit patients with urgent issues, via
wheelchair, to the Emergency Department upon provider's orders.
Provide comprehensive report, patient history and medications to
Emergency Department Charge Nurse.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Current Colorado (or compact) RN License is required.
- BLS is required.
- ACLS preferred.
- 2 years of experience in PCU/CCU/or ICU is preferred.
*Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant
experience. Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position,
which includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point
(12 or more years).
Minimum = $28.33/hr
Mid-Point = $36.83/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off,
Health Insurance within your first 30 days, Retirement, and much
more can be viewed here.
New Graduate Nurses encouraged to apply.
Clinic Nurse, Med/Surg Nurse, Floor Nurse, Medical Surgical Nurse,
Outpatient Clinic Nurse, New Grad RN, New Graduate Registered
Nurse, Relocation Assistance, Relocation Bonus, Sign on bonus,
Temporary housing, Primary Care Nurse, Primary Care RN, Cardiac RN,
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Registered Nurse - Located in Aspen, CO, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!