Medical Technologist - Chemistry Section Head
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our Award Winning Hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Generous relocation / sign on bonus, highly competitive pay, fully
furnished temporary housing for up to 90 days to assist with
relocation, excellent benefits package, being part of an amazing
and cohesive Lab team, state of the art laboratory instrumentation
& equipment, four of North America's top ski resorts at your
doorstep, and much more.
This Position Requires ALL of the following:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Chemistry is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of professional experience as a Generalist
- Current MT, CLS, or MLS Certification (ASCP) or equivalent
- Someone with a strong focus on providing exceptional patient
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
• This position is a day shift, and includes both morning and
evening shifts. This position guarantees 40 hours per week via 4,
10 hour shifts per week.
• This position serves as the Chemistry Section Head but will also
serve as a generalist in all areas of the lab. Performs laboratory
procedures as assigned and is fully competent in role; (Blood Bank,
Microbiology, Chemistry, Special Chemistry, Hematology, Serology,
• Performs method calibrations and quality control as required to
assure accuracy and reliability of testing, prior to reporting
patient results and documents corrective actions when quality
control does not meet expected requirements.
• Participates in the training / orientation, competency assessment
and evaluation of new employees, as well as coordinating with lab
director to keep up annual competencies of all employees in
• Monitors and maintains supply levels, communicating with
laboratory director when supply levels are at a critical inventory
• Adheres to and maintains CAP standards, performs and assigns
proficiency testing surveys to other lab staff.
• Responsible for entering results of proficiency testing to CAP in
a timely manner
• Establishing and monitoring quality control ranges for all
chemistry analytes on instruments while monitoring and inputting
peer group data and uploading to LIS.
• Perform required maintenance on chemistry analyzers or properly
assign to designated team member.
• Perform monthly audits and provides QA reports to laboratory
• Participates in overall department and facility quality
improvement plan as requested. Quality management of pre-analytic,
analytic, post-analytic processes, and proficiency testing as
assigned. Implements correct charges procedures and monitors daily
for accurate charging in the department.
• Serves in advocacy role; encouraging active involvement of
patient and family in their care.
• Prioritizes patient's situations and takes appropriate action in
an efficient, effective manner.
• Makes value-added resource decision for patient care with respect
to supplies, equipment and acuity of care.
• Provides individualized patient and family education consistent
with patient's learning style, readiness to learn and self-care
needs, and keeps patients informed regarding what to expect
pre/during/post procedure, and evaluates the effectiveness of
• Acknowledges and greets customers in a courteous manner, and
exhibits the AVH core values consistently with all
Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant experience.
Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position, which
includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point (12 or
Minimum = $34.28/hr
Mid-Point = $44.56/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off,
Health Insurance within your first 30 days, Retirement, and much
more can be viewed here.
Medical Technologist, Medical Laboratory Scientist, Chemistry
Specialist, Chemistry Supervisor, Chemistry Manager, Chemistry
Lead, MT Chemistry, MLS Chemistry, Resort Town Medical Tech, MT Ski
Town, Colorado Medical Technology, Clinical MT, Hospital MT,
Medical Lab Tech Generalist, Medical Lab Tech, Clinical Laboratory
Scientist Chemistry, Relocation Assistance, CLS Chemistry, Section
Manager, Section Head, Chemistry Supervisor
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Medical Technologist - Chemistry Section Head, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!