Company: City of Aspen
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The City of Aspen is Hiring a Police Administrative
Apply now at www.cityofaspen.com
Title: Administrative Supervisor
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $53,206.40 - $74,755.20 Salary Offer Dependent on
The Administrative Supervisor is responsible for the
coordination and administration of general customer service
activities in the Aspen Police Department. This role offers
departmental and critical support while also managing operations,
financials, and property/evidence administration. Further, this
position models the organizations core values and mission in all
interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs numerous administrative duties that support police
leadership, department operations and programs, and positive
community interactions. Providing technical, legal, and
administrative services support. Provides timely, courteous, and
professional customer service in response to inquiries from the
public, police personnel, and other outside agencies. Other
administrative duties include filing police reports, performing VIN
inspections for the public, streamlining office management
processes, and interacting with the court system and
- Performs accounting, publishing, and clerical services for the
departments of Administration, Investigations, Patrol, and
Community Safety such as maintaining personnel files and overseeing
accounts payable/accounts receivable, purchasing, bookkeeping,
ordering supplies, processing money orders, cash handling, and
petty cash. Assists with the preparation of the police department
budget, including line-item expenditures, justifications, and
requests for capital outlay as well as monitors police program
- Serves as a liaison to other departments. Works closely with
the Human Resources department to administer new hire paperwork and
to ensure that items are being handles accurately. Coordinates with
the Communications department to ensure that the ADPs website is up
to date with pertinent information.
- Maintains custody of property and evidence on hand, provides
for security, protection from damage, ensures safekeeping,
transports evidence, and oversees final disposition of said
property. Responsible for making sure evidence is properly
packaged, secure, and protected against damage, deterioration,
loss, and tampering. Responsible for maintaining chain of custody
for evidence in the property room and catalogs of crime scene
photos. Computes, compiles, and maintains a variety of records on
evidence and property received/stored/disposed
- Supports critical or emergency situations, as well as training
drills, in assigned roles, and manages police alarm systems.
Ensures Command Staff and Patrol are informed, as needed, on major
issues that may have a positive or negative impact on
police-citizen relations or the well-being of the community.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, receives/assists walk-in
persons, provides personal assistance, or directs to appropriate
entity. Provides court dispositions and required information to
outside agencies as required by law. Act as a liaison between crime
victims and the police department. Performs fingerprinting services
for the public.
- Service: Provides service with excellence, humility, integrity,
and respect in daily work, builds trust by listening, treats people
with respect, acknowledges opportunities for improvement, and
follows through with commitments.
- Partnership: Actively creates strong, supportive internal and
external relationships to attain a common goal and achieve greater
- Stewardship: Balances social, environmental, and financial
responsibilities, evaluating the impact of decision making on a
thriving future for all.
- Innovation: Develops technical expertise to pursue new ideas
and creative outcomes, grounded in Aspens unique culture,
opportunities, and challenges.
- Communication: Knowledge of effective and appropriate
communication. Ability to use knowledge effectively in various
contexts which may require oral, written, visual and non-verbal
- Interpersonal: Works to develop strength in interpersonal
skills. Has the ability to work well with diverse groups of people,
both inside and outside the organization.
- Technology: Demonstrates technology skills sufficient for the
nature and level of position. Demonstrates a willingness to learn
new technologies and transition job duties accordingly to support
technological advances and innovation.
- Policy Knowledge: Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court
procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders,
agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Safety: Knowledge of and ability to use relevant equipment,
policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local,
state, or national security operations for the protection of
people, data, property, and institutions
- Training: Ability to apply procedures and requirements relevant
to the Police Department in development of training programs and
projects, and effectively using programs to train staff.
- Critical Thinking: The ability to recognize complex problems
and effectively work independently or with others to reach a viable
- Coordination: Ability to work effectively as part of a team to
achieve established outcomes and complete projects within
- Emergency Situations: Ability to act calmly and rationally in
stressful or emergency situations.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify complex problems and
review related information to develop and evaluate options and
- Emotional Intelligence: Ability to remain calm and make sound
decisions in stressful and emergency situations. Ability to handle
stressful situations in a professional manner, including angry or
difficult individuals. Ability to exercise good judgment in
facilitating highly confidential matters.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional experience
in an administrative function, including police records work or
similar records management and demonstrated supervisory
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. *
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have a basic
understanding of computers and online computer-based technology
applications, which includes accessing web-based platforms.
* Please note that any combination of experience and education
that would likely provide the required abilities, knowledge, and
skills as determined by the City of Aspen may be substituted for
the requirements above.
NOTE: This position requires candidate to satisfactorily pass a
criminal background check, physical examination, polygraph test,
drug test, and psychological examination upon hire.
To submit your application, visit www.cityofaspen.com
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until a
sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
The application must be filled out completely; stating "see
resume" anywhere in the application, is not an acceptable
substitute for a completed application.
Direct any additional questions or inquiries to our Talent
Acquisition Business Partner by emailing
The City of Aspen is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: City of Aspen, Aspen , Administrative Supervisor, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!