Company: City of Aspen
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Added to system:
6/4/21 9:19 AM
The City of Aspen is Hiring a Payroll Technician
Apply now at www.cityofaspen.com
Title: Payroll Technician
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt Termed position, not to exceed one
Salary Range: $45,302.40 - $63,648.00 Salary Offer Dependent
First Review Deadline: Friday, June 11th at 5:00pm
The Payroll Technician Serves as payroll back-up as a
critical function within the organizations financial team. This
includes start-to-finish payroll processing on a bi-weekly basis as
well as the complete payroll accounting reconciliation. Additional
duties will include support around purchasing card program
administration, food tax and senior financial assistance on
property taxes, and other financial duties. Further, this position
models the organizations core values and mission in all
interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collects, audits, and processes bi-weekly timesheets and
interfaces between the timekeeping system (Kronos) and accounting
system (Oracle). Engages with the current Payroll Specialist to
amass knowledge around the nuances of processing payroll within the
Citys ERP (Oracle). Following the bi-weekly payroll posting to the
general ledger, performs a detailed reconciliation to ensure all
accounting is correct.
- Assists in researching new governing laws and regulations
around compensation. Prepares and files appropriate payroll reports
with State, Federal and other organizations. Participates in
discussions with Human Resources around benefit changes and how to
facilitate changes into the ERP system.
- Initiates and processes ACH payments to health savings account,
retirement account, Fire and Police Pension Association (FPPA), and
other institutions for individual employee specific account
- Assists with the administration of off-cycle actions and
programs such as purchasing card program administration, the food
tax refund program, and the senior low-income property tax
- Learns the dynamics around all systems associated with payroll
data collection and processing, including Eden (legacy system)
until retired, Kronos, and Oracle. This will extend relationships
with IT and HR and will further require engagement with each
vendors customer support service (and/or a third-party support
- Service: Provides service with excellence, humility,
integrity, and respect in daily work, builds trust by listening,
treats people with respect, acknowledges opportunities for
improvement, and follows through with commitments.
- Partnership: Actively creates strong, supportive
internal and external relationships to attain a common goal and
achieve greater impact together.
- Stewardship: Balances social, environmental, and
financial responsibilities, evaluating the impact of decision
making on a thriving future for all.
- Innovation: Develops technical expertise to pursue new
ideas and creative outcomes, grounded in Aspens unique culture,
opportunities, and challenges.
- Communication: Knowledge of effective and appropriate
communication. Ability to use knowledge effectively in various
contexts which may require oral, written, visual and non-verbal
- Interpersonal: Works to develop strength in
interpersonal skills. Has the ability to work well with diverse
groups of people, both inside and outside the organization.
- Technology: Demonstrates technology skills sufficient
for the nature and level of position. Demonstrates a willingness to
learn new technologies and transition job duties accordingly to
support technological advances and innovation.
- Payroll Expertise: Knowledge of principles and
procedures for personnel policies and procedures and compensation
and benefits as it relates to payroll, knowledge of accounting
principles and practices, and the reporting of financial data.
- Two years of professional experience with payroll,
accounting, bookkeeping, accounts payable or complex administrative
- Associate degree in business, accounting, or related
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have a
basic understanding of computers and online computer-based
technology applications, which includes accessing web-based
See full job description here
- Please note that any combination of experience and education
that would likely provide the required abilities, knowledge, and
skills as determined by the City of Aspen may be substituted for
the requirements above.
Enjoy Industry Leading Benefits:
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, and
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cafeteria Benefit
- Wellbeing Program and Incentives
- Homeowners Down Payment Assistance
- Competitive 401(a) Employer Retirement Contributions
- Flexible Schedule
- Discounted Ski Passes
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Sick Leave
To submit your application, visit www.cityofaspen.com
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until a
sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
The deadline for the first review of applications is June
11th, 2021 @ 5:00pm. This recruitment may close at any time
without notice after the first review date.
The application must be filled out completely; stating "see
resume" anywhere in the application, is not an acceptable
substitute for a completed application.
Direct any additional questions or inquiries to our Talent
Acquisition Business Partner by emailing
The City of Aspen is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Closing Date 6/18/21
Pay Range (MIN) 45,302.40
Pay Range (MAX) 63,648.00
Keywords: City of Aspen, Aspen , Payroll Technician, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!