Cooking Team Lead - Butte 66 - Summer Seasonal
Company: Vail Resorts
Location: Crested Butte
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers
and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime
to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the
brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and
challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work
or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the production of the best possible product,
attractively presented and efficiently served
- Lead by example, while participating in and overseeing
implementation of daily operating procedures within Kitchen. All
aspects of kitchen work including food preparation skills at all
stations, portioning, garnishing, storage, and quality
- Responsible for working in conjunction with kitchen manager to
make labor decisions.
- Assist with inventories, reports and other paperwork as
required, in a timely manner
- Cooks foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of
persons to be served.
- Bakes breads and pastry. Cuts meat. Washes dishes.
- Greets and serves guests and FOH staff in a courteous
- Directs activities of one or more workers who assist in
preparing and serving meals.
- Ensure all food is prepared, cooked and presented according to
health department regulations and safe food handling
- Maintain clean, well-organized, and well-maintained facilities
in compliance with Stevens Pass and Washington State mandated
- Demonstrated Knowledge to work all cook stations in
- Ability to verbally communicate with guests and staff in
- Other duties as requested by F&B Management Team, members
of Director Team or General Manager
- Be knowledgeable about the Stevens Pass Ski Area, the products
and services available in restaurant and the food being served to
- Show up to work on time and in uniform.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward the workplace,
co-workers, and the guests.
- Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers
effectively regarding personal and work issues.
- Ability to work unsupervised in a manner that is professional
and consistent with Cascadian Kitchen policies and procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment when dealing with customer service
situations and other situations that are not clearly defined by
standard operating procedures.
- Will assist enthusiastically when asked to help out in other
areas of either the Cascadian Kitchen or other Food and Beverage
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- AA degree or equivalent in experience in related industry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak English effectively with guests and fellow
- Basic arithmetic skills required. Ability to interpret a
variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Washington state food handler's license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to
50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to
adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside
The budgeted range starts at 15.00 - 18.00. Actual pay will be
adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once
eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Crested Butte is the untamed destination at the end of the road.
We are confident in who we are and what we seek; pure, wild nature.
We take bold risks to pursue our passions and demonstrate our
untamed, intrepid grit in our everyday actions. Our dedication to
our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and
bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 301522
Keywords: Vail Resorts, Aspen , Cooking Team Lead - Butte 66 - Summer Seasonal, Other , Crested Butte, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!