Aspen Elementary School MTSS Coordinator
Company: Aspen School District
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Aspen School District seeks an Elementary School MTSS
Position Title: MTSS Coordinator
Department: Aspen Elementary School
Reports to: Aspen Elementary School Principal
Classification: Certified Full-time Exempt
Contract Period: 9 Month (185 days with some variance depending
on the year)
Salary Range: Teacher Salary Schedule
I. Position Summary
This employee is responsible for providing support systems for
students, teachers, and administrators at the Elementary
II: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee interventional programming and academic support systems
as lead coordinator of MultiTiered Systems of Support (MTSS) for
Aspen Elementary School.
- In collaboration with teachers, plan appropriate
instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and
equipment that reflect academic support for the individual needs of
- Track and monitor benchmark data windows.
- Design or select appropriate instructional modifications to
support students and coordinate these activities with other
teachers as appropriate.
- Consult with parents, administrators, counselors, teachers,
community agencies, and other relevant individuals regarding
students needing academic support.
- Provide direct consultation to classroom teachers for the
implementation of strategies.
- Participate in evaluation teams for students as
- Provide specialized instruction to individual and small groups
of students when necessary to support learning content.
- Document ongoing consultation with basic education teachers and
maintaining a record of instructional strategies and results for
each student where appropriate.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and other meetings
- Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues,
students, parents, and community members.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized
reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law,
State Board of Education rule, and the local board policy.
III: Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Manages oneself (is organized, prepared, and punctual. manages
resources. meets deadlines. follows through on commitments.
demonstrates appropriate physical appearance relative to job and
environmental expectations) in a manner that enhances the image of
- Acts consistently in ways that directly support the missions of
the schools and District.
- Ability to design efficient agendas.
- Displays a willingness to learn new information.
- Uses strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Develops and maintains rapport and effective relationships with
adolescents and adults contacted in carrying out duties and
responsibilities by using courtesy, diplomacy, collaboration,
cooperation, support, and professional conduct.
- Formulates goals that reflect the organization's strategic
theme and include specific, measurable outcomes instead of just
- Contributes actively to the goals and success of all teams and
team members through collaboration, cooperation, and flexibility
(give and take) in team discussions, activities, and decision
- Maintains high ethical standards, legal responsibility, and
IV: Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Possess or be eligible to obtain a Colorado Teaching License
within the first 3 months of hire.
V: Work Environment
- Office environment. exposure to computer screens
- Mostly clean and comfortable surroundings
VI: Essential Physical Requirements
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's
functions require the following physical demands: some lifting up
to 50 lbs, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping,
kneeling, sitting standing walking, and repetitive motion with
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by this employee. The elementary
school art teacher will be required to follow any other
instructions and perform any other related duties as assigned by
the Principal or appropriate administrator. The Aspen School
District reserves the right to update, revise, or change this job
description and related duties at any time.
Keywords: Aspen School District, Aspen , Aspen Elementary School MTSS Coordinator, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!