Banquets- Chef, Banquets Level 1
Company: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Dolceis now seeking aBanquets- Chef, Banquets Level 1 to join our
team at the Dolce Aspen Meadows location in Aspen,Colorado.
The Banquet Chef Level 1 is responsible for ensuring that all
meals coming from the kitchen for which s/he is responsible are
well prepared with regard to quality, consistency, eye appeal,
taste and food cost. He/she is expected to assist in providing
training for all staff; meet corporate quality standards; assist in
establishing and enforcing food specifications, portion control,
recipes and sanitation.
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 years of
related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 1 or more years
of related experience.
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health
department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, and approach all encounters with all level of associates
and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count On Me!
service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will
vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Management Standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Work with banquet managers and keep them informed of issues as
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
- Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in kitchen
- Monitor quality of all food product and presentation.
- Responsible for assisting in the quality and quantity control
of food production and appropriate staffing of entire banquet
- Assist the department head in supervising and scheduling
banquet kitchen staff.
- Maintain refrigerator and kitchen in clean, organized manner to
facilitate the high volume production necessary to achieve company
- Make cooks aware of daily forecasts and customer counts so that
they can be adequately prepared to serve both hot and cold food on
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation
- Know how to compute daily food cost.
- Work with the Director of F&B to create and implement
- Assess food portion size, visual appeal, taste and temperature
of items served.
- Check all stations at the end of every shift for proper food
storage and sanitation.
- Check food purchases for proper ordering, quality and price
- Oversee daily activities such as preparation for all food
items, sanitation of the outlets, receiving daily inventories,
log-on report and food cost report.
- Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor quality of service in the department.
- Ensure compliance with SOPs and procedures in the
- Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed.
- Provide feedback to the department head for associate
performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel
- Assist with the management of the interviewing process of
candidates for department positions and follow standards for hiring
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Assist with the management of department associates.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting procedures.
- Ensure the training of associates on SOPs, report preparation
and technical job tasks.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is committed to attracting, motivating,
and retaining talented team members who align with our companys
core values. We are proud to reward our full time team members with
comprehensive benefit programs and resources which include:
- Health insurance with HSA and FSA options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Participation in any of the benefit plans and programs made
available to team members is subject to satisfaction of eligibility
requirements.Wyndham Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to amend
or terminate any benefit plan or program at any time in accordance
with applicable law.
Wage Rate: $24-28 DOE
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the
world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands
strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer
the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our
iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program
in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together,
we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great
experiences, and our robust portfoliodistinguished by our leading
economy and midscale brandsdelivers just that.
We are AmericInn by Wyndham, Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by
Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham,
Esplendor Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham,
Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by
Wyndham, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham,
Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge
by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Garden,
Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe
in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Dolce Aspen Meadows,845 Meadows
Employment Status: Full-time
Keywords: Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Aspen , Banquets- Chef, Banquets Level 1, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!