EMT - Intermediate (PRN)
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
This position is PRN status, so no guarantee of hours.
Responsible for direct emergency patient medical care during
ambulance responses, direct in-hospital physician and nursing
assistance and care under the supervision of physicians. Assists
the Director of Ambulance in planning, organizing and directing the
activities of the ambulance department including assessment of
equipment needs and maintenance of ambulance and living quarters.
Maintains a good working relation with other hospital departments,
associated Public Safety Agencies and the Community.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Fully competent in primary role on unit; performs patient and
family assessment and problem identification, plans care
accordingly, implements and evaluates plan of care so problems are
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Identifies and promotes new learning around changing patient
safety standards of practice.
- Serves in advocacy role; encouraging active involvement of
patient and family in their care.
- Prioritizes patient's situations and takes appropriate action
in an efficient, effective manner.
- Makes value-added resource decision for patient care with
respect to supplies, equipment and acuity of care.
- Keeps patients informed regarding what to expect
- Provides individualized patient and family education consistent
with patient's learning style, readiness to learn and self-care
- Evaluated the effectiveness of patient learning
- Records pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with
regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
- Develops professional goals and diversity of responsibilities
within practice; consistent with hospital mission and goals
- Demonstrates role awareness and seeks individualized/department
specific continuing education that improves patient care or
- Able to express values around patient/family centered care and
assists others to achieve shared understanding.
- Active participant in quality improvement processes.
- Participates and contributes to unit meetings and
- Identifies need to seek out additional information when needed
and apply relevant findings to practice
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding
patient and co-worker expectations.
- Represents the department and hospital as a dedicated,
courteous and responsive employee
- Performs assessment for and delivery of Emergency Medical Care
to patients during ambulance responses at an EMT Intermediate
- Operates Emergency vehicles and equipment safely and
- Maintains accurate and timely medical reports, charges, and
logs including: ambulance report, ambulance run log, and vehicle
- Performs functions of a medical/nursing assistance nature at
the direction of physicians or appropriate nursing staff in
assigned areas within the certified capability of the
- Performs non-medical duties as requested by
- Arranges patient transfer via ground or air from Aspen Valley
Hospital other receiving facilities upon notification by attending
- Maintains ambulance and associated equipment in constant state
of readiness to include cleaning, inventory and maintenance checks
as per the appropriate check-off lists
- Assists with maintenance and cleaning of Aspen Ambulance
District building, quarters, and bays.
- Assists in Department planning and offers suggestions for
improvement of operations and equipment.
- Ability and skill to perform basic life support as defined by
Colorado State Rule 500/800.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- In depth and up-to-date skills and knowledge of pre-hospital
Emergency Medical Care techniques at the Intermediate level in
order to provide emergency treatment for injured as normally
acquired through the successful completion of a Colorado Department
of Health Emergency Medical Technician Intermediate Certification
and current ALS Certifications
- Written, verbal, quantitative and interpersonal skills normally
acquired through the completion of a High School Degree in order to
complete medical records, communicate effectively with patients and
other Emergency Responders and to interrelate appropriately with
- Desired, but not mandatory, the ability to evacuate and treat
patients in the mountain and steep off-road settings normally
acquired through completion of an off-road mountain evacuation
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Spanish preferred
- Must have completed approved EMT-I course
- Current Colorado State EMT-I certification
- Preferred National Registry EMT-I certification
- BLS certification
- ACLS certification
- PALS or PEPP certification within one year of hire
- Current Colorado Driver's License
Benefits & Compensation:
Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant experience.
Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position, which
includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point (12 or
PRN Minimum = $21.29/hr
PRN Mid-Point = $27.62/hr
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , EMT - Intermediate (PRN), Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!