Employee Housing Program Manager
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Comprehensive benefits package (including generous PTO, health
insurance within your first 30 days, retirement), being part of a
very cohesive & supportive team, four of North America's top ski
resorts at your doorstep, and much more.
Oversees and manages the AVH Employee Housing Program, including
short and long-term rental units including rent collections and
tracking. Enforces all rules and regulations related to hospital,
city and county guidelines. Works collaboratively with hospital
recruitment team to ensure needs of the organization are being met
through housing placement of key positions. Supervises Employee
Housing Assistant. Manages the daily maintenance issues related to
Employee Housing, including the upkeep of buildings, grounds,
landscaping, snow removal, repair and general upkeep of all
Employee Housing units owned or leased by Aspen Valley
- Personnel Management - Manage department staffing,
including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development,
evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Fiscal Responsibility - Develop business case
justifications and cost/benefit analyses for Department spending
and initiatives. Develop and review budgets for department and
ensure compliance with stated goals, guidelines, and
- Regulatory & Accreditation Compliance - Develop and
implement Department policies and procedures.
- Departmental Quality & Performance Improvement - Develop
and implement strategies to continually improve quality and
performance of the department as it relates to the mission and
goals of the organization.
Long Term Strategic Management:
- Strategic planning for Long Term Housing needs
- Implementation of long-term housing plan
- Conducts housing assessments as needed; makes recommendations
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Maximizes housing utilization to meet organizational goals by
working closely with all involved parties to determine overall
needs, including: Human Resources, managers, seasonal or agency
staff, locum tenens and long-term tenants.
- Works directly with prospective employees on potential housing
needs, providing resources as needed and excellent customer
- Collaborates with Director of Facilities & Director of Project
Management to develop capital budget for long term housing projects
- Collaborates with community stakeholders and other entities to
develop opportunities to potentially increase employee housing
- Works with the Finance team to ensure monthly rents, deposits
and refunds are received and accounted for in a timely manner.
- Prepares all lease agreements, correspondence and general
documentation for the department. Streamlines processes as needed
and appropriate for increased efficiency and key stakeholder
- Enforces rules and regulations for employee housing units.
Ensures specific agreements with tenants are met.
- Communicates effectively and timely with tenants, Engineering,
contractors, HR and Senior Management with ongoing concerns or
issues. Responds to requests/issues in a timely manner with all
other directors/staff as needed.
- Manages daily operational needs and activities related to
preventative maintenance, repairs, grounds, safety and health
hazards; establish priorities for maintenance and special
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals,
objectives, and procedures for all department staff.
- Prepare budgets and review and approve employee housing
maintenance and operations requisitions within budgetary
- Chair the Employee Housing Committee and coordinate meetings as
- Proactively identify all necessary housing upgrades and
construction/remodel needs and develop plan to execute in
coordination with Director of Project Management. Including, but
not limited to: definition of project scope, timeline, planning for
impacted residents, etc.
- Ensures upkeep of buildings and grounds, including landscape
maintenance and snow removal. Contracts and supervises upgrades to
- Records pertinent documentation in accordance with regulatory
requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of housing management or other relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to problem solve with creative and individualized
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Knowledge of community resources
- Ability to work independently
- Current Colorado driver's license
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety procedures
Benefits & Compensation:
Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant experience.
Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position, which
includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point (12 or
Minimum = $38.10/hr
Mid-Point = $49.50/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, retirement, and much
more can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Employee Housing Program Manager, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!