Rehab Services Coordinator
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: September 7, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our Award Winning Hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
Serves as front office coordinator and technician for physical,
occupational, and speech therapy services. The front office and
technician roles are shared within the department between two
individuals. Provides clerical support for the department and its
satellite facilities. Schedules physical, occupational, and speech
therapy appointments for all patients/clients. Registers and
verifies insurance coverage within computer system. Communicates
with team to relay information from calls and messages. Has ability
to communicate and coordinate in a knowledgeable and courteous
manner with others. Practices exceptional customer service, data
entry, assists in maintaining supplies and equipment, cleaning
department, transportation of patients by standing assist or
wheelchair, assembling crutches and ice grips, restocking linen,
and set up continuous passive motion machine.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Registrations, scheduling patients, and answering phone.
- Plan of Care compliance by monitoring excel sheet and updating
- Processes inventory requisitions as supplies are needed and
manages the pyxis supply system.
- Assists therapist as needed with patient care including:
patient positioning, splint and brace assistance, crutch training
and patient transport.
- Maintains discharged patient charts, computer and paper logs on
a daily basis.
- Uses critical analysis for problem solving.
- Answers telephone calls and call lights promptly and
courteously responds to requests and messages in a timely manner.
Upholds core values.
- Greets patients/families by introducing self and maintaining
eye contact. Obtains an interpreter as needed.
- Records pertinent documentation in accordance with regulatory
requirements, professional standards and hospital policy.
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Performs related clerical duties such as filing, making charts,
photocopying, running errands, entering charges, faxing, and
obtaining medical information when requested from therapists or
- Answers telephone calls, responds to routine inquiries and
relays other calls and messages in a timely manner. Responds to
patients' requests and notifies appropriate personnel of the
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and
- Keeping gym area clean and return equipment to proper
- Stock clean linens and maintain cleanliness of treatment
- Cleaning of equipment as needed including cardio machines,
weights, balls, mats, hydrocollators, etc.
- Facilitates efficient work flow of the clinic by effective
communication, anticipating staffing and patient needs, and
collaborating with colleagues to meet the operational needs of the
- Maintains a clean work environment at all times.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making and professional growth.
- Participates and contributes to departmental meetings and
POPULATION SPECIFIC CRITERIA
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with customers
of all ages, recognizing language and learning barriers, and
- Able to state his/her duties during a code pink drill.
- Exceptional customer services skills are critical
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Proficient in typing and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Experience in a healthcare office setting preferred
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish highly desired
- Medical terminology preferred
*Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant
experience. Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position,
which includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point
(12 or more years).
Minimum = $21.07/hr
Mid-Point = $27.39/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off,
Health Insurance within your first 30 days, Retirement, and much
more can be viewed here.
Previous work experience may (or may not) include (not required):
Office Manager, Office Coordinator, PT Assistant, Assistant
Physical Therapist, Physical Therapy Assistant, Secretary, Front
Desk Assistant Manager, Front Desk Attendent, PT Aide, Physical
Therapy Aide, Customer Service Representative, Guest Services,
Guest Services Agent, Registrar, Medical Assistant, Patient Care
Technician, Entry Level Healthcare.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Rehab Services Coordinator, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!