Ortho Physician Assistant - Seasonal
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive seasonal
benefit offering, being part of a very cohesive & supportive team,
and four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.
A licensed, credentialed and experienced PA that provides
evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, consultation and follow up for
orthopedic patients with the collaboration of one or more
physicians in the Steadman Clinic. The PA provides age and
specialty appropriate medical care at the level of training
- Affordable, clean, well-maintained and private seasonal
employee housing located in Aspen. All housing is move in ready and
- Ski Pass Stipend
- End of season bonus potential
- Discounted meal options at the hospital's Castle Creek
- Quick access via a free bus ride from employee housing to Aspen
Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, Snowmass.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Fully competent in care of orthopedic patients in all hospital
settings; performs patient and family assessment and problem
identification, plans care accordingly, implements and evaluates
plan of care so that problems are resolved.
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Identifies and promotes new learning around changing patient
safety standards of practice.
- Serves in advocacy role; encouraging active involvement of
patient and family in their care.
- Prioritizes patient's situations and takes appropriate action
in an efficient, effective manner.
- Makes value-added resource decision for patient care with
respect to supplies, equipment and acuity of care.
- Keeps patients informed regarding what to expect
pre/during/post procedures and visits
- Provides individualized patient and family education consistent
with patient's learning style, readiness to learn and self-care
- Evaluated the effectiveness of patient learning
- COMPLIANCE WITH RULES, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
- Records pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with
regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making.
- Develops professional goals and diversity of responsibilities
within practice; consistent with hospital mission and goals
- Demonstrates role awareness and seeks individualized/department
specific continuing education that improves patient care or
- Able to express values around patient/family centered care and
assists others to achieve shared understanding.
- Active participant in quality improvement processes and lean
- Participates and contributes to unit meetings and
- Identifies need to seek out additional information when needed
and apply relevant findings to practice
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding
patient and co-worker expectations.
- Represents the department and hospital as a dedicated,
courteous and responsive employee.
Provides professional medical care for the Orthopedic patient under
the supervision of an Orthopedic or ED physician. This care
includes departments such as, but not limited to, the Patient Care
Unit, Emergency Department and Surgery. Care includes: a
professional introduction, timely triage, physical exam,
compassionate care, complete and accurate documentation, diagnosis
and treatment of illness or injury, order and interpret diagnostic
tests, appropriate and timely reassessment, counsel on preventative
health care, assist in or perform approved procedures, write
prescriptions, provide appropriate discharge instructions including
follow up care.
- Maintains and demonstrates competency and knowledge of
equipment and procedures commonly performed in the Orthopedic
setting (hospital, emergency department and operating room, among
- Positively supports activities to maintain and improve quality
of care and services. Monitors cultures and other diagnostic
results requiring patient follow-up and provides appropriate follow
up to the patient as needed, working with the orthopedic
- Demonstrates self-directed learning, participates in
departmental education including required workshops. Takes
initiative to identify educational needs both individually and for
- Participates in department meetings with attendance of 80% or
better. Monitor equipment status and identify need for repairs.
Read and respond appropriately to departmental emails and postings.
Maintain awareness of Press Ganey patient satisfaction improvement
- Participates in call coverage as required, demonstrates good
judgement and follow through of all calls received.
- Floats between the multiple practice sites, ED and OR as
needed. Works with all physicians to ensure patients receive
timely, qualified care.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Required for Physician Assistants: Completion of PA program and
required NCCPA certification and licensure from Colorado BME
- Ortho experience preferred
- Current Colorado PA or NP licensure required
- Current BLS certification required through American Heart
- Current ACLS certification required
- Current PALS certification required
- ATLS preferred
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires:
Minimum = $50.19/hr
Mid-Point = $65.19/hr
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Ortho Physician Assistant - Seasonal, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!