Director Of Diagnostic Imaging
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive benefits
package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your
This position is responsible to the Chief Operating Officer,
providing leadership and administrative responsibilities to the
modalities of Diagnostic Imaging (Bone Density, CT, Mammography,
MRI, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, and Ultrasound) at a level
requiring independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative. Ensures
Diagnostic Imaging programs comply with all hospital and regulatory
agency standards and coordinates DI services with other medical
functions. Responsible for the technical aspect of DI and related
safety within the hospital. Provides radiologic and clerical
services to the Diagnostic Imaging Department. Works cooperatively
with the medical director of the diagnostic imaging services.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Plans and administers, directly, all technical aspects of
Diagnostic Imaging programs in accordance with current evidence
based practice standards. Works collaboratively with the Medical
Director of Diagnostic Imaging, to establish these programmatic
- Develops & secures approval of short & long range goals and
objectives for areas in Diagnostic Imaging.
- Works diligently to meet any accreditation standards required
for any modalities in diagnostic imaging requiring or recommending
certification (NRC, ICANL, ICAEL, CT/MRI certifications, FDA/Mammo,
etc) and corrects any deficiencies noted immediately.
- Oversees all operational aspects of Diagnostic Imaging
- Supervises all staff
- Identifies problems and opportunities to improve
- Communicates effectively with staff, managers, Administrative
Team, Board Members, community leaders, and regulatory
- Plan departmental activities, evaluate physicians and other
ancillary service staff
- Takes actions to understand issues, develops action plans to
address and monitor effectiveness and revises strategies when
- Ensures compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Ensures a clean safe clinic environment
- Creates and maintains an environment that reinforces
expectations of meeting customer needs
- Works to reduce costs and sets meaningful goals
- Ensures DI records are properly maintained. Prepares or
oversees DI reports, statistics, analyses, etc., required of
management of Aspen Valley Hospital or outside agencies.
- Evaluates and approves/disapproves recommendations for DI
equipment modifications, purchases and dispositions. Prepares
Capital Budget requests, and upon approval, initiates vendor
- Performs a variety of imaging tasks, such as radiologic
examinations, processing films, stocking, etc.
- Monitors environment & equipment reporting and documenting
- Oversees development and maintenance of department QA/QC plan
in accordance with organizational PI plan.
- Maintains open communication with staff. Informs them of issues
and allows input. Holds staff accountable for keeping current in a
communications book. Holds monthly staff meetings and forwards
agendas and/or minutes to ET member.
- Maintains cooperative working relationship with hospital
personnel and physicians in order to resolve problems and to
enhance smooth and efficient delivery of services.
- Seeks physician input and responds with follow through to
- Demonstrates positive behaviors and maintains strong
- Aligns with and supports hospital Mission, Vision, Values and
Goals. Appropriately represents Management perspective to
- Responds on a timely basis to requests, including phone mail,
written and verbal requests.
- Plans and controls departmental staffing:
- Follows the procedures and processes for interviewing and
- Matches candidates' skills to requirements of the job.
- Maintains proper staffing and scheduling
- Coaches and when necessary, disciplines and/or discharges
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5 yrs of previous director-level experience with a proven
record of management and leadership skills is preferred.
- 5 yrs of experience as a Radiologic Technologist required
- MBA preferred
- ARRT or ARDMS preferred
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires:
Minimum = $50.72/hr
Mid-Point = $65.96/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement can
be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Director Of Diagnostic Imaging, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!