RN - Snowmass Clinic (Seasonal)
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 24 - 32 hours per week, being part of a
very cohesive & supportive team, four of North America's top ski
resorts at your doorstep, and much more. Must be able to work
seasonal contract from 12/5/2021- 4/2/2022
- Affordable, clean, well-maintained and private seasonal
employee housing located in Aspen. All housing is fully furnished
and move in ready.
- Ski Pass Stipend
- End of season bonus potential
- Discounted meal options at the hospital's Castle Creek
- Quick access via a free bus ride to downtown Aspen, Aspen
Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, and Snowmass.
The SMC Primary Registered Nurse, provides professional nursing
care in accordance with known/accepted standards of practice and
AVH policies. The nurse provides clinical care in collaboration
with other clinic staff and assists with administrative duties, as
needed, under the direction of the Department Nurse Supervisor,
Charge Nurse and Providers.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Fully competent in the primary nurse role at SMC; performs
patient and family assessment with problem identification, plans
care accordingly; implements and evaluates plan of care so that
problems are addressed and/or resolved.
- Utilize a problem based assessment, collaborate with MD on plan
of care and implement plan of care.
- Triage and prioritize patient situations, including patients
who present to the clinic as a walk in, as a ski patrol transfer
and/or patient phone calls. Initiate appropriate action in an
efficient, effective manner. Delegate appropriate tasks to the
medical assistant or other qualified clinic staff.
- Respond to clinical needs of patients based on acuity, nursing
standards, and AVH policies and procedures. Make value-added
resource decisions for patient care with respect to supplies,
equipment, and acuity of care.
- Demonstrate competency in all aspects of day to day operations
of the clinic including patient care, triaging phone calls,
obtaining POC labs, obtaining interpreter as needed, patient
education, assisting MD, anticipating patient care needs,
preparation and processing of medical records, and facilitating
follow up care. Assist with registration as needed and ensure
appropriate charges are documented for patient care.
- Facilitate patient/work flow and efficiency in the clinic
through collaboration with clinic staff.
- Medication Management: maintain proper documentation of in
clinic and dispensed meds including proper Pyxis use. Perform
appropriate med counts for inventory keeping. Notify Department
Nurse Supervisor when medications are low and need to be reordered.
Label all dispensed meds according to AVH policy.
- Record pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with
regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital
policies. At SMC, documentation includes nursing assessment form,
Medication Reconciliation form, and patient education/discharge
- Follow established PPE Guidelines.
- Alert Department Nurse Supervisor, Office Manager, or
Department Director of issues, concerns, supply, or operational
needs that require hierarchal authority to solve.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2 years of ED or Urgent Care experience required
- Associated Degree in Nursing; BSN Graduate preferred
- Current Colorado nursing license or approved Compact
- The following American Heart Associate
- PALS or ENPC
- TNCC preferred
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires:
Minimum = $31.16/hr
Mid-Point = $40.52/hr
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , RN - Snowmass Clinic (Seasonal), Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!