ASC operates the on-mountain restaurants and the four mountains
in the Aspen Snowmass area - Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen
Highlands and Buttermilk - as well as the Five Star, Five Diamond
property The Little Nell, the Limelight Hotel properties which
operate in Aspen, Ketchum Idaho and Snowmass. ASC also operates the
rental & retail stores of Four Mountain Sports as well as the
Award-winning Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen Snowmass.
Apply here to be considered at multiple locations in Aspen or
Snowmass. The Sous Chef’s (Overtime Eligible Manager)
responsibility is to assist the Chef with daily restaurant
operations. This position will require full coverage of the
Chef’s responsibilities during their absence.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for the safe handling of food
product according to applicable health codes and laws
• Maintain and promote proper food safety and
• Maintain a safe & clean work environment.
• Coordinate the arrival and storage of incoming
• Complete and assign daily production and
• Contribute to the creation of fresh and
innovative daily specials.
• Work as an active participant on the service
line as required, prepping and serving food items according to chef
• Communicate with restaurant management as
needed to provide menu and pricing information.
• Communicate with Chef regarding the daily
inventory and ordering process.
• Assist Chef with financial, scheduling and
ordering responsibilities as required.
• Oversee daily kitchen closing and cleaning
procedures to include walk-ins and freezers.
• Responsible for all aspects of the restaurant
in the Chef’s absence.
• Complete and submit an accurate monthly
• Act as a coach to address any performance
issues and document the same.
• Responsible for proper payroll procedure
• Managing People - Provides regular performance
feedback; Develops subordinates skills and encourages
• Solicits and applies customer feedback
(internal and external)
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be 18 years or older
• 3 years of progressive experience in a culinary
environment with guest service required
• Culinary degree preferred
• Ability to positively lead and motivate a team
• Experience with computer programs such as
Microsoft Office preferred
• Knowledge of purchasing preferred
• ServSafe or similar food safety course
certification is preferred
• Excellent written and spoken English, Spanish
is an advantage
• Ability to ski or ride at an intermediate level
is required for employees of ski in/ski out restaurants in
Supervision Given and Received:
Supervision Given: Exercises general supervision
over kitchen staff. Assigns a variety of routine tasks, sets
general expectations of results expected within company’s policies
and procedures. Responsibilities include but are not limited to,
interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervision Received: Works under general
supervision of the Restaurant Chef. Receives continuing or
individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may
perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and
deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance
available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, smell, taste, stand, walk or be on
your feet for extended periods of time
Regularly work in wet, hot and humid conditions for extended
periods of time and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven
Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs.
individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according
to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job.? Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.? ??
This job description is designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight
Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other
compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of November 15 2021, Aspen Skiing Company, The Little Nell,
and The Limelight Hotels will require all active employees to be
fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about this policy via
our employee safety page