Associate Residential Technician
Posted on: October 7, 2021
together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to
create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a
Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and
fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a
wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of
change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable
people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for
millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for
teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to
lead the future in media and technology, we want you to
fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for broadband installation and troubleshooting
activities for voice, video and data services. Completes field
assessments, meets/exceeds company standards/metrics and completes
necessary certifications and education for current role and for
consideration for advancement to the next level. Functions in an
entry-level position, with an increasing degree of proficiency and
decreasing degree of onsite-supervision to complete installation
and troubleshooting activities. Works on straight forward tasks
using established procedures.
- Performs installations and changes of service, while adhering
to: company procedures and safe work practices, National Electric
Code (NEC) and National Electric Safety Code (NESC) requirements
and local ordinances in order to provide (or remove) services to
the customer. Completes all customer interactions as required.
- Performs service calls. Troubleshoots the drop from the tap to
the customer's equipment. Assesses and designs basic home networks
using appropriate technology and based on customer needs using
coaxial cable, Ethernet, Wi-Fi networks and multimedia over coax
- Completes associated record keeping in a timely manner in order
to ensure all details of the work are recorded for entry in the
- Determines acceptability of service by reviewing and confirming
quality of service, based on results of applicable tests and
adjusts or fixes service in order to provide the best possible
service for the customer.
- In support of Wi-Fi installation and trouble calls, determines
appropriate placement of devices and design of Wi-Fi network in the
home taking into consideration Wi-Fi channels, co-channel
interference and channel utilization. Determines appropriate use of
device options and provide advanced customer education to set
- Communicates, engages and provides customer with education on
products and services, which may include, materials regarding
channel line up, applications, use of services and equipment,
consumer devices and company policies as they relate to the
- Cleans, maintains and stocks vehicle and equipment in order to
be prepared to perform required duties. Reports need for vehicle
repair or service when required and/or prescribed. Reports any
accidents, losses, injuries, or property damage to Supervisor and
customer when appropriate.
- Reconciles with warehouse regarding issued CPE (customer
- Properly operates and maintains installation tools, technology
and equipment, such as installation hand tools, light power tools,
meters, or ladders.
- Demonstrates the ability to navigate digital tools including
work order management and digital diagnostics.
- Obtain and maintain appropriate licensing and/or background
checks based on federal, state, or municipality requirements where
- Uses sound judgment in decision-making, problem-solving,
project management and readily accepts ownership of personal
decisions, behavior and or actions regardless of the outcome, to
perform installation and service of products.
- Performs jobs from high places (on poles and roofs,) including
climbing poles with proper equipment (safety belt, strap,
climbers,) ladders and bucket trucks (e.g. 18 to 26 feet), as
determined by the system's requirements.
- Manipulates objects such as: pens, keyboard, mouse, connectors,
fasteners, wire and uses hand tools.
- Lifts and carries loads of 70 lbs. or more, works in confined
spaces such as crawl spaces or attics, works while standing 50 -70%
of the time and performs work near power lines and electricity.
Works in areas with exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Works within manufacturer's rated weight capacity for all
equipment, including but not limited to ladders and aerial
- Drives company vehicle during performance of duties in a safe
and responsible manner during scheduled work days. Maintains valid
- Effectively communicates with customers and co-workers.
- Uses close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust
focus to use tools, equipment and objects to complete duties.
- Exposure to dogs or other animals in construction areas and in
- Completes required training and pass certification tests within
- Works in various weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain
and other precipitation.
- Normal work shift may include weekends; may include 10-hour
days for 4 days a week and/or mandatory overtime including
weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Meets or exceeds established goals and performance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
High School Diploma / GED
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality – to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Aspen , Associate Residential Technician, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!