RN - Pain Management Clinic (PRN)
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: October 7, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and
The Pain Clinic Registered Nurse provides clinical care and assists
with procedures and administrative duties under the direction of
the physician providers. The Pain Clinic RN also serves as the
primary RN for the Endocrinology, Rheumatology and telehealth
clinics. Responsibilities include patient care and administrative
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Review scheduled patients in advance of all clinic days (Pain,
Endocrinology and Rheumatology). Assist with administrative duties,
as needed, including chart preparation of medical records, acquire
patient diagnostic results or referring provider clinical notes
prior to the clinic visit date and attach to the patient
- Room clinic visit patients, verify identity with name and date
of birth, obtain vital signs, medical history, and current
medications. Verify chief complaint and/or reason for visit. Advise
provider of any concerning or unusual findings during assessment,
complete appropriate documentation.
- Set up room and equipment for procedures. Assist provider with
procedures; prep the patient, complete AVH time-out process,
administer ordered medications, observe patient for response to
treatment and medications, assure patient is stable for discharge
post procedure, provide verbal and hard copy discharge
instructions, complete appropriate documentation. Assure accuracy
of medication inventory at end of day.
- Complete AVH Procedural Sedation check off and Rhizotomy
Procedure check off.
- Able to perform point of care testing as needed.
- Provide thorough patient education, for the patient and family,
recognizing the readiness to learn, preferred learning style, and
self-care capabilities. Evaluate the effectiveness of patient
learning. Utilize interpreter as needed.
- Serve in an advocacy role; encourage active involvement of
patient and family in their care.
- Make value-added resource decisions for patient care with
respect to supplies, equipment, and acuity of care.
- Assist patient and registrar staff with scheduling follow up
visits and any diagnostic tests.
- Communicate and collaborate with all members of the hospital
team in order to address patient care, resolve problems, and
improve the delivery of multidisciplinary care on a daily
- Triage phone calls, return voice messages in a timely manner.
Address patient walk-ins and other patient related issues as they
- Complete accurate charging of any procedures and the clinic
visit prior to end of day.
- Prioritize clinic and patient needs. Take appropriate action in
an efficient, effective manner.
- Assure patient questions and concerns are addressed during the
clinic visit or with a follow up phone call. Assure each patient
understands the plan of care.
- Manage insurance company prior authorizations. Refer to
provider for peer to peer when applicable.
- Facilitate patient flow and work flow in the clinic. Update the
patient, family, and staff, as appropriate, of any delays or
changes in the scheduling.
- Adhere reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
Assist in maintaining a clean, safe, organized environment of
- Participate in Quality Improvement projects as
- Participate and contribute to unit meetings and
- Assist with ordering and restocking of supplies. Assure
adequate supplies are available for clinical care and
- Assist with various department duties: checking expiration
dates of supplies and medications, checking sealed instrument
packets for integrity and expiration dates, dispose per policy and
- Medication Management: Follow through on patient requests for
medication refills/renewals - obtain orders as needed and refill
prescriptions according to department policy. Provide sample
medications, if carried in these specialties, as directed by the
providers. Maintain medication sample in/out logs as applicable.
Inspect medication sample storage area and dispose of expired
medications as appropriate. Communicate with pharmaceutical
representatives for samples as needed.
- Follow recommended cleaning guidelines for exam rooms and
instrumentation. Utilize safe handling of equipment pre and post
procedures. Follow established policies for handling and cleaning
of contaminated instruments. Transport instruments, per AVH policy,
to the Sterile Processing Department, in a timely manner, to assure
equipment is readily available in the clinic for additional
- Adhere to current AVH and departmental Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) policies and procedures.
- Maintain flexibility for reassignment to a variety of
Outpatient Clinics as assigned by Director and Clinical Supervisor,
- Fill in as the clinic registrar, as needed.
- Function as a Registered Nurse and team member of the Pain,
Endocrinology, Rheumatology, and Telehealth Clinics.
- Other duties as assigned by providers, Clinical Supervisor, or
Director of Outpatient Clinics.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Current Colorado nursing license (or compact) required
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- 1 year of nursing experience required
- 2 years of Pain Clinic, ER/Critical Care experience
- Required certifications through American Heart
Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant experience.
Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position, which
includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point (12 or
PRN Minimum = $31.16/hr
PRN Mid-Point = $40.51/hr
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , RN - Pain Management Clinic (PRN), Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!