Seasonal - Physical Therapist
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: October 7, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Competitive pay, being part of a very cohesive & supportive team,
four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and much
more. Must be able to complete entire seasonal contract from
12/13/2021 - 05/07/2022.
- Affordable, clean, well-maintained and private seasonal
employee housing located in Aspen. All housing is fully furnished
and move in ready.
- Ski Pass Stipend
- End of season bonus potential
- Discounted meal options at the hospital's Castle Creek
- Quick access via a free bus ride to downtown Aspen, Aspen
Mountain, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, and Snowmass.
Responsible for evaluation, planning, directing and administering
physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a
licensed physician. Administers treatments and physical agents as
prescribed by a referring physician in an effort to restore
function and prevent disability following injury, disease or
physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum
performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within
the limits of their capabilities. The staff therapist coordinates,
delegates and supervises responsibilities assigned to supportive
staff. The staff therapist participates in operational aspects of
the department, maintains performance improvement activities within
the department and participates in CQI activities. Provides input
in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance
versus budget controls and takes appropriate action to remain in
budget guidelines. Ensures that patient charges are accurate and
entered on a timely basis. Participates in all infection control,
department equipment training, organizational safety and fire
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Performs a detailed evaluation, including appropriate
assessment on all patients as related to the therapy requested,
using motor and neurological capabilities, and designs a treatment
plan to achieve maximum physical performance while adjusting to
- Evaluates various body systems using tests that include manual
muscle testing (specific or functional), goniometry, reflex
testing, neurological development testing, spine and joint
mobility, evaluation, and gait and posture evaluation for each
- Displays proficiency in application of physical agents and
mechanical modalities, electrotherapeutic modalities and assistive,
adaptive, orthotic, protective and prosthetic devices and
- Displays proficiency in soft tissue techniques, manual joint
mobilization, stretching and relaxation techniques, gait training,
exercise protocols, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation,
coordination, and balancing activities.
- Communicates and collaborates with staff and physicians in
order to address patient care, resolve problems and improve the
delivery of multidisciplinary care on a daily basis.
- Observes and evaluates treatment effects and communicates
appropriately and clearly to physician, recommending changes to
plan of care if necessary.
- Records pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with
regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital
- Actively participates in departmental performance improvement
activities. Completes competency assessments related to personal
performance as per department/hospital protocol.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Current Colorado Physical Therapy License required
- Current BLS certification through American Heart Association
- BS Degree in Physical Therapy or closely related field with MS
or above in Physical Therapy required
- 2 years of experience working with patients in both inpatient
and outpatient settings strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills required
Hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant experience,
education and certifications. Our talent acquisition team can help
you understand how your direct experience will be considered.
Minimum = $35.14/hr
Mid-Point = $44.60/hr
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Seasonal - Physical Therapist, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!