Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive benefits
package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your
The Lead Registrar is responsible for 100% competency using agreed
upon industry standards criteria which is maintained yearly via
CEUs. They are responsible for training, staffing and management of
quality reports and for setting the standard for all Patient Access
daily functions for all hospital locations. Their role is to ensure
complete and accurate registrations, including the proper
completion of required consent for treatment and payer compliance
forms, accurate patient demographic information, insurance and
personal identification. This is managed through training,
reporting, and coaching. The Lead Registrar demonstrates, trains,
and sets the example for staff in exceptional customer service and
professionalism, manages the incoming phone lines, and data entry
as assigned. The Lead Registrar role is to ensure complete and
accurate cash collection and ensures accurate posting. The Lead
Registrar's daily responsibilities are directed by the Admitting
Supervisor and/or the Revenue Cycle Director.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Fully supports Admissions Supervisor in daily department
functions as directed by Admissions Supervisor including reviewing
applications, participating in interviews, daily reporting,
staffing - relief for breaks/meals, making and maintaining
department schedules, ensuring shifts are covered with fiscal
consideration toward budget.
- Guides and trains staff in accurate registration using thorough
interview technique to ensure that information is 100% complete and
accurate. Ensures that all compliance requirements have been met,
and the registration is properly created and/or updated for
- Guides and trains staff to ensure complete and accurate cash
collections, consistent with all industry compliance pertaining to
cash collection rules and guidelines, financial counseling
procedures, the hospital's Credit and Collection Policy and
Guidelines and other financial directives. Utilizes the hospital's
healthcare computer system to post payment and receipt on all
applicable encounters. Handles money competently, properly balances
received payments and returned change, and balances and reconciles
cash drawer daily. Performs cash collections according to
guidelines and posts payments timely and accurately.
- Demonstrates professionalism in telephone etiquette, and has
knowledge of the hospital's phone list to direct calls to the
appropriate person(s). Is thoroughly versed on using hospital
- Directs customers to appropriate hospital locations via proper
- Upholds 100% correct registration of patient information,
verifying all patient demographics. Demonstrates a thorough
knowledge regarding insurance information, insurance verifications,
and insurance cards as well as appropriate required patient
identification. Understands, complies, and sets the example for all
Hospital, Critical Access Hospital, EMTALA, patient
confidentiality, Advance Directives, ABN's and Insurance
- Upholds 100% correct admission data that includes review of
type of account, duplications of registration of M#, subscriber
errors, correct status change, accommodation rate, admission source
and cash posting or closing cash drawer.
- Participates or conducts department training and staff
meetings. Reads daily summary reports and emails to ensure they are
aware of any upcoming changes.
- Orders and maintains department supplies.
- Directs recording of pertinent documentation in accordance with
regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital
- Directs the department in overall adherence to federal, state
and hospital rules and regulations concerning HIPAA privacy and
- Leads Department in Hospital compliance plan and policies,
including the Code of Conduct and Personal Appearance. Assists
Admissions Supervisor with routine review of Admissions policies
with input for modifications and updates.
- Lead and participates in required training for compliance
related activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC,
Admissions Main Lead Responsibilities:
- Oversees/preforms pre-admission and insurance verification
- Works in cooperation with Scheduling/Pre-cert Supervisor and
Language Resources to ensure smooth processes and enhance patient
- Performs and trains staff in sorting and distributing incoming
mail as assigned on the day of receipt.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility that includes reviewing and
completing ABN's, insurance waivers, and ensuring completed
pre-certification as needed.
Admissions ER Lead Responsibilities:
- Understands and trains ER Admission staff on disaster/Code
Black registration processes and holds annual competencies to
- Fosters good working relationships with the Emergency and
Ambulance Departments to acquire patient information and provide
best patient experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in related field
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities and
- Strong interpersonal and customer-service skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Spanish preferred
- High School degree
- CHAA certification, or become CHAA-certified within one year,
and earn required CE's to maintain CHAA certification while
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires:
Minimum = $21.07/hr
Mid-Point = $27.43/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement can
be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Lead Registrar, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!