Human Resources Generalist
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital.
Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week, comprehensive benefits
package (including generous PTO, health insurance within your first
30 days, retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and
The HR Generalist works closely with the HR Team to ensure
effective and timely onboarding for all new hires, including
coordination of all new hire paperwork, employee records, and
assisting with the hospital-wide orientation program. The
Generalist also works collaboratively with the CHRO processing of
payroll changes, data analysis/benchmarking and acts as the HR
Information System super user.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
Onboarding/New Hire Processing
- Responsible for the onboarding process for all new hires,
including initial follow up on new hire paperwork, references,
primary source license verification, back up for required
- Processes employment eligibility verification of I-9s and
ongoing compliance of work authorization documentation.
- Conducts pre-employment drug screen and verifies applicant has
completed the pre-employment background check, follows up as
- Creates new hire record in HRIS Systems
Reporting, Metrics, and Analytics
- Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns with
attention to recruitment, hiring practices, motivation, turnover,
and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Identifies, recommends, and programs custom functions and
documentation such as automated queries, filters, macros, and
- Collects and compiles HR metrics and data from a variety of
sources including the human resource information system (HRIS) and
payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, exit interviews,
employment records, government labor statistics, competitors'
practices, and other sources.
Operational and Process Support
- Increase efficiency and accuracy by eliminating manual and
- Collaborates with CHRO and HRBP on the annual performance
review process from a systems standpoint.
- Collaborates with CHRO and HRBP regarding compensation
philosophy and practices. May assist in gathering data from
market-based compensation surveys; benchmarking jobs against survey
data and other market intelligence to determine competitive
compensation ranges for each position.
- Works with Recruiter to ensure that all employee files are
compliant with the Joint Commission HR standards.
- Ensures timely filings of unemployment compensation claims by
working closely with selected vendor.
- Adheres to all security, confidentiality, and privacy
- Takes initiative to stay informed of and contribute to (as
appropriate) current hospital-wide and departmental patient safety
and quality initiatives. Identifies and promotes new learning
around changing safety standards of practice.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making and professional growth.
Population Specific Criteria:
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and interact with customers
of all ages, recognizing language and learning barriers, and
- Able to state his/her duties during a code pink drill.
- 3-5 years prior HR experience required.
- Ability to concentrate and show attention to detail.
- Relatively high degree of analytical abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Bachelors Degree in HR or related field preferred.
- PHR or HR related certification preferred.
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires:
Minimum = $30.69/hr
Mid-Point = $39.93/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement can
be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Human Resources Generalist, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!