Technical Operations Supervisor
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: November 14, 2021
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most effective
means for our community and country to put COVID-19 behind us and
to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In order to
better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH requires
COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package (including
generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30 days,
retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, and
four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep.
The Technical Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing the
overall customer service and support of technical systems for Aspen
Valley Hospital, including project oversight over the
implementation of new technologies.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the technical operations
- Formulates and implements short and long-term goals and
objectives for their team which tie into the overall objectives for
the department and the organization.
- Monitors internal and vendor issue tracking systems for problem
identification, analysis and proper resolution of identified
issues. Ensure timely completion with a high degree of customer
- Oversees both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities.
Maintain internal departmental documentation.
- Assist users with identifying technology needs and assign
available/appropriate resources when/where appropriate.
- Recommends, designs, tests and implements new or update new
technologies and/or user workflow changes. Ensure deadlines are
met, communication is effective, and staff education is conducted
in support of organization's initiatives.
- Ensures technical resources are assigned appropriately to
day-to-day support and projects.
- Effectively works with all hospital departments, clinics,
administrative staff, physicians, contracted vendors, and other
organizations to support and maintain the IT technologies at
- Uses a process improvement framework to maintain and/or improve
information systems processes.
- Maintains documentation on licensed hardware/software products,
release levels, and vendor contact information.
- Works closely with Department Managers to negotiate priorities,
plan work schedules, make job assignments, and ensure customer
service expectations are met.
- Manages projects. Creates and executes project plans, estimates
timeframes, outlines specific tasks, and assigns resources from
team to complete projects on schedule and within budget. Monitors
progress to keep projects on track and oversees project status
report for their components of the project.
- Assists with the development and execution of the IT strategic
plan, as well as the preparation of the operational and capital
budget for the department and hospital technology projects.
- Supports technologies, as assigned, and assists the team when
- Mentors respective team members. Monitor individual team
member's work within a focus on accuracy, quality, and customer
- Other duties as assigned by the CIO.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Three years of experience in a leadership position.
- Hospital experience required, with Epic preferred.
- VMWare experience required, certification preferred.
- Project management experience required.
- ITIL training required, certification preferred.
- Security+ training required, certification preferred.
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires: $44.94 - $58.38/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which
can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Technical Operations Supervisor, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!