Houseperson - The Little Nell
Company: Aspen Skiing Company
Posted on: January 7, 2022
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back
door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited.
We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our
passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000
bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges
on our mountains, and from family adventure to apr--s ski, this
hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
Clean and maintain public and employee areas according to The
Little Nell and Forbes 5 star standards.
Essential Functions Of The Job
- Start the daily assignments according to the structure.
- Check all meeting rooms, Alpine room, wine room, red room,
Element 47 bar and restaurant, clean as needed, clean the
- Continue to clean the lobby bathrooms dust all pictures and
wipe down the walls.
- Clean the upper and lower lobbies; dust every piece of
furniture lower area too. Include the art on the walls, lamps and
lampshades, check the light bulbs
- Replenish and organize the magazines, include the relais &
- Check the telephone book covers, and keep them free of
- Keep the ashtrays clean and with matches.
- Must clean all the wood molding including the top areas.
- Report and/or replace all burnt light bulbs in the areas.
- Shampoo rooms as requested by the supervisors
- Wipe down stains on the walls.
- Clean all the windows and frames inside the lobby including the
exit doors interior and exterior.
- All areas must be cleaned with the proper chemicals per
- All areas require frequent attention.
- Assist the department with guest special request, example,
rollaway bed, baby crib, shoeshine etc.
- Stock all products relative to position to their proper
- Keep storages areas clean and organized, everything should be
on the right place.
- Write and or report all maintenance requests and mechanical
- Help with the humidifiers brought to housekeeping to be
Additional Job Duties
- Make manager aware of guest's comments and complaints.
- Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as
outlined in the Employee Resource Guide.
- Report to shift on time.
- Comply with all policies and procedures for the Housekeeping
Department, The Little Nell, and Aspen Skiing Company.
- Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures. Assist in
emergency and security procedures as directed by Management.
- Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and
assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels
- Has friendly and polite attitude towards guest and
- Must adhere to all hotel policies and procedures, attend all
schedule meetings and perform other tasks asked by Management.
- Ability to work 35 / 40 hours per week, weekends and
- Must be detail-oriented and like to clean.
- Previous experience preferred, especially with Janitorial
equipment and chemicals.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Basic English preferred.
Supervision given and received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of the Director of
Housekeeping. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures,
and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance
are readily available.
Work Environment and physical demands
- Ability to stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods
of time. Kneeling and bending may be required
- Regularly work indoors with no adverse conditions. Some
positions require exposure to outdoor elements or a combination of
both indoors and outdoors and may be required to walk on slippery
and uneven surfaces
- Must be able to occasionally lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs.
individually or with assistance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.--- Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.--- ------
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a
comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties
and responsibilities may change at any time with or without
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an
equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other
compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
Keywords: Aspen Skiing Company, Aspen , Houseperson - The Little Nell, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!