Company: Dolce Aspen Meadows
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Dolceis now seeking aIntern, Culinary to join our team at the Dolce
Aspen Meadows location in Aspen,Colorado.Job SummaryThe Culinary
Internship program is for summer 2022 (May through August). The
internship is a rotational experience with on the job learning.
Each intern will be responsible for preparing all food items, based
on standardized recipes, for the Restaurants, Room Service,
Employee Cafeteria and Banquets, plate up and large scale events
while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and
appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the
cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas
while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production
ratio.Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred.
- Current enrollment in a culinary degree program or relevant
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Maintain regular attendance, as required by scheduling, which
will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.Fundamental
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling,
poaching, deep-frying, saut, braising, roasting and
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and
dairy and meat products.
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
- Prepare food for Banquets, following specifications on Banquet
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment
properly at the end of each meal period.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury
to self or other employees.
- Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need
- Maintain a Clean As You Go policy.Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is
committed to attracting, motivating, and retaining talented team
members who align with our companys core values. We are proud to
reward our full time team members with comprehensive benefit
programs and resources which include:
- Health insurance with HSA and FSA options
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid HolidaysParticipation in any of the benefit plans and
programs made available to team members is subject to satisfaction
of eligibility requirements.Wyndham Hotels & Resorts reserves the
right to amend or terminate any benefit plan or program at any time
in accordance with applicable law.Wage Rate: $15COMPANY
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the
world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 21brands
strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 95countries, and we offer
the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our
iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program
in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.Our hotel
owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion
everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences,
and our robust portfoliodistinguished by our leading economy and
midscale brandsdelivers just that.We are AmericInn by Wyndham,
Baymont by Wyndham, Days Inn by Wyndham, Dazzler by Wyndham, Dolce
Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham, Esplendor Boutique Hotels by
Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham, Howard Johnson by Wyndham, La
Quinta Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham, Ramada Encore by
Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide by Wyndham, Registry Collection Hotels,
Super 8 by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection by Wyndham, Travelodge
by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham, Wingate by Wyndham, Wyndham Garden,
Wyndham Grand and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts.Headquartered in
Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai,
Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs
approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.Our Company is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location: Dolce Aspen
Meadows,845 Meadows Road,Aspen,Colorado 81611
Employment Status: Full-time
Keywords: Dolce Aspen Meadows, Aspen , Intern, Culinary, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!