Lead Radiologic Technologist
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
AVH supports vaccinations as the evidence-based and most effective
means for our community and country to put COVID-19 behind us and
to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations and deaths. In order to
better care for our community, as of 10/31/21, AVH requires
COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package (including
generous PTO, health insurance within your first 30 days,
retirement), being part of a very cohesive & supportive team, and
four of North Americas top ski resorts at your doorstep.
Under general supervision of the Director of Diagnostic Imaging
this position is responsible for producing quality Radiology
examinations, and providing limited administrative and leadership
responsibilities within the Radiology Department at a level
requiring independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. Ensures
Radiology complies with all hospital and regulatory agency
standards and coordinates service with medical functions; is
responsible for Radiology quality program and reporting; overseas
technical operations of X-ray, training of staff, writing of
policies/procedures, and safety pertaining to the Radiology
Department and staff. Offers input regarding interviewing, hiring
and employee evaluations; provides radiologic and clerical services
to the department.
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Makes value-added resource decision for patient care with
respect to supplies, equipment and acuity of care.
- Ensures accurate documentation including completion of all
required forms, sign, date, time and legibility of all
documentation. Scans all documents as needed/required.
- Delivers, documents and oversees patient care in accordance
with AVH policy, procedure, protocol and TJC or CMS standard
interpretation. Demonstrates ability to prioritize all aspects of
patient safety and National Patient Safety Goal requirements.
- Maintains complete clinical competence for all patient care
delivered in the patient care setting and for all specific
Diagnostic Imaging modalities assigned. Maintains appropriate
education and certification requirements for role and radiology
- Implements correct charging procedures and monitors daily for
accurate charging in the department. Participates in charge master
changes, corrections, updates or additions.
- Participates in departmental and organizational education as
requested/required. Assists with new staff orientation and
- Oversees the appropriate use and maintenance of radiologic
equipment, and assures appropriate function, patient safety, and
- Keeps patients informed regarding what to expect
- Provides individualized patient and family education consistent
with patients learning style, readiness to learn and self-care
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient learning
- Records pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with
regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
- Demonstrates role awareness and seeks
individualized/department-specific continuing education that
improves patient care or professional practice.
- Able to express values around patient/family-centered care and
assists others to achieve shared understanding.
- Participates and contributes to quality improvement processes
and unit meetings/activities.
- Identifies and seeks out additional information when needed and
apply relevant findings to practice
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding
patient and co-worker expectations.
- Completes C-Arm Competency Checklist as required, including
demonstration of proper use procedures, saving and transferring
images, disinfecting machine, and how to begin an exam.
- Completes X-Ray Room 1 Competency Checklist as required,
including demonstration of proper use procedures, performance of QA
in proper sequence, use of digital/cassette exams, grid use, start
of exam, proper protocol and transfer of images to PACS, using the
Pig-O-Stat, and locating proper supplies.
- Completes X-Ray Room 2 Competency Checklist as required,
including demonstration of proper use procedures, start of
exam-cassette and use of fluoroscopy, transfer of info to PACS, set
up of sterile tray, operation of fluoroscopy tower and locating
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition; fully
stocks area as needed.
- Inspects sterile packages and eliminates damaged or out dated
- Performs QA on equipment and images.
Radiology Lead Responsibilities:
- Maintains and updates the X-ray protocol book per RIA and
- Coordinates radiology equipment PMs with the service engineer,
Director of DI, and critical care units.
- Assists reviewing Radiology chargemaster annually.
- Manages supplies for all Radiology procedures.
- Maintains communication of all Radiology-related updates with
other Radiology technologists.
- Obtains overreads as requested.
- Oversees Radiology QA including, PACs administration,
collecting radiation data from Room 1 & Room 2 monthly; critiquing
images for quality; performing monthly repeat analysis; maintaining
C-arm cleaning logs; ensures accessories are maintained and
available; inspects and marks lead aprons at AVH and off-site
clinics and schedules preventative maintenance and repairs.
- On-boards and trains new staff on all X-ray equipment, PACs,
and department software.
- Maintains updated list of Radiology service vendors and
organizes vendor trails for equipment.
- Makes Medical Record and Billing corrections as needed.
- Leads Joint Commission preparedness.
- Assists with staffing needs and coverage.
- Performs additional duties as requested by Director of
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
- Associate Degree in Radiology or equivalent from a two-year
college or hospital program
- ARRT in Radiologic Technology
- ARRT in other specific imaging modalities
- BLS certification
Benefits & Compensation:
Hire-in rates of pay are based upon the relevance of years of
experience, education and certifications. Our talent acquisition
team will help you understand how your direct experience will be
Pay range for new hires: $29.46 - $38.32/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous paid time off,
health insurance within your first 30 days, and retirement, which
can be viewed here.
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , Lead Radiologic Technologist, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!