CT Technologist / Rad Tech II
Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Company Overview: Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen
Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed
community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the
warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise
of a major medical center. Our award-winning hospital, nestled in
the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people
dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and
community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the
most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the
country.AVH requires COVID-19 Vaccination for all Staff.This
Position Offers:Highly competitive pay, 40 hours per week,
comprehensive benefits package (including generous PTO, health
insurance within your first 30 days, retirement), being part of a
very cohesive & supportive team, four of North America's top ski
resorts at your doorstep, and much more.Job Overview: Under general
supervision of the Manager and Chief Technologist, this position is
responsible for providing Radiologic and CT images of technical
detail, requiring independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative
in producing quality exams and providing clerical services to the
department.Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Makes value-added resource decision for patient care with
respect to supplies, equipment and acuity of care.
- Always ensures accurate documentation including completion of
all required forms, sign, date, time and legibility of all
documentation. Scan all documents as needed/required.
- Delivers, documents and oversees patient care in accordance
with AVH policy, procedure, protocol and TJC or CMS standard
interpretation. Demonstrates ability to prioritize all aspects of
patient safety and National Patient Safety Goal requirements.
- Maintains complete clinical competence for all patient care
delivered in the patient care setting and for all specific
radiology technician modalities assigned. Maintains appropriate
education and certification requirements for role and radiology
- Implements correct charging procedures and monitors daily for
accurate charging in the department. Participates in charge master
changes, corrections, updates or additions.
- Participates in departmental and organizational education as
requested/required. Assists with new staff orientation and
- Oversees the appropriate use and maintenance of Radiologic
equipment, and assures appropriate function, patient safety, and
- Keeps patients informed regarding what to expect
- Provides individualized patient and family education consistent
with patient's learning style, readiness to learn and self care
- Evaluated the effectiveness of patient learning
- Records pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with
regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital
- Adheres to federal, state and hospital rules and regulations
concerning HIPAA privacy and security.
- Follows Hospital compliance plan and policies, including the
Code of Conduct.
- Participates in required training for compliance related
activities (HIPAA, Compliance, Patient Safety, TJC, etc.)
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making.
- Develops professional goals and diversity of responsibilities
within practice; consistent with hospital mission and goals
- Demonstrates role awareness and seeks individualized/department
specific continuing education that improves patient care or
- Able to express values around patient/family centered care and
assists others to achieve shared understanding.
- Active participant in quality improvement processes.
- Participates and contributes to unit meetings and
- Identifies need to seek out additional information when needed
and apply relevant findings to practice
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding
patient and co-worker expectations.
- Represents the department and hospital as a dedicated,
courteous and responsive employee.
- Completes C-Arm Competency Checklist as required, including
demonstration of proper use procedures, saving and transferring
images, disinfecting machine, use of shielding and how to begin an
- Completes X-Ray Room 1 Competency Checklist as required,
including demonstration of proper use procedures, performance of QA
in proper sequence, use of digital/cassett exams, grid use, start
of exam, proper protocol and transfer of images to PACS,
Pigo-O-Stat, lead shielding and locating proper supplies.
- Completes X-Ray Room 2 Competency Checklist as required,
including demonstration of proper use procedures, start of
exam-cassett and use of flouro, transfer of info to PACS, set up of
sterile tray, use of shielding, operation of flouro tower and
- Completes CT Competency Checklist as required, including
demonstration of proper use procedures, protocols, contrast, recon
of 3D images, power injector, start of IV, transfer of and clearing
of images and proper safety procedures.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition; fully
stocks area as needed.
- Inspects sterile packages and eliminates damaged or out dated
- QA on equipment and imagesMinimum Qualifications &
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Associate Degree in Radiology or equivalent from a two year
College or hospital program
- ARRT in Radiologic Technologist required
- ARRT in one additional modality required
- Required American Heart Association Certifications:
- BLSBenefits & Compensation: Hire-in rates of pay are based upon
the relevance of years of experience, education and certifications.
Our talent acquisition team will help you understand how your
direct experience will be considered.Pay range for new hires:
$32.41 - $42.13 /hr.Our comprehensive benefits package includes
generous paid time off, health insurance within your first 30 days,
and retirement, which can be viewed here.Radiologic Technician II,
Rad Tech 2, Radiology Technologist, CT Scanner, CT Technologist,
CAT Scan Tech, Computed Tomography Tech, Certified CT Tech, AART,
Colorado CT Tech, Colorado Rad Tech 2, Rad Tech 3, Radiology
Technologist III, Relocation Bonus, Relocation Assistance, Sign On
bonus, Sign-On, Temporary Housing, Ski Town, Resort Town, xray,
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , CT Technologist / Rad Tech II, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!